~Joe~

• Dedicated kay Joe

I can remember the first time I saw you that day, so long ago. You were sitting on the grass in your front yard watching as me and my friends were messing around at the house across the street. I remember looking over and noticing the boy with the really orange hair, baggy black shirt and ripped jeans. I laughed, turning to my friend next to me and told him that we have a new stalker….

You gathered up your courage and came to introduce yourself the next day. You looked slightly nervous as you stood their telling us your name and I smiled at you when you ran your hand through your hair looking at the three of us.

It didn’t take long before you were a permanent part of our little group and we were constantly yelling at you to HURRY UP! You’re the only person that I know who could sleep through three people screaming at you to get your ass up!

It’s when I knew our threesome had turned into a foursome. We did everything together…everything…

Your mom hated us but then she hated everyone. Your stepdad….well….we found out why you never wanted to go home….we let you crash on our floor of the ‘dungeon’ every night because none of us thought being gay was a crime…

And now here I stand, looking down at you while you sleep in a mahogany bed lined in a white fabric and I try not to let the tears fall as my eyes roam over your too young and innocent face down across your chest to your hands laced together, each one sporting a different ring. It’s all too real and I don’t think I can handle it….

You decided to take a nap on the couch the other day and you didn’t wake up…

If I had known the next time I would see you would be now, I would have…..

The church is crowded with people, some I know and some I don’t, each one remembering their own memories with you in them. The T.V in the corner of the room plays music while flipping through a variety of pictures from birth to now and I smiled as I watched one come to the screen of you with your hot pink hair crouched under the porch, a rawr frozen to your face…

Your mom cries and I realize that she wasn’t so bad as I watch her hand everyone M&M’s and a glow stick. She tells us that she’s sending her son to heaven the way he would want it, sharing his favorite stuff with all of his friends.

Everywhere I look, I see rainbow, rainbow bracelets, rainbow shirts, and rainbow hair ties, all in memory of you. Rainbow…it fits you perfectly and not only as a gay male but because of how bright and energetic and just plain spectacular you are.

If anyone asks me what I remember the most about you I would say with no hesitation…his smile. You were always smiling. In fact I can’t remember a time when you weren’t smiling or laughing.

I miss you…

I miss you…

What am I suppose to do now that our foursome has gone back to a threesome?

In Memory Of One Of My Best Friends…..You are loved and you are missed <3

R.I.P.

Joe