02. Committing of Crime

Each day he finds himself committing a crime unknowingly

Each day he finds himself committing a crime unknowingly. Of course, he kept track of the ones that cleansed his hands beautifully in red but was completely oblivious to the ones he created with the abrasive use of his words.

Today, he took on the title of a criminal and held responsible for one of the crimes he committed: Scarlet being in his grasp.

Bare feet against the wet pavement undoubtedly increased the immense pain coming from the girl's foot. The pain thankfully numbed out her other senses and focused solely on the throbbing of the physical. Her sheer clothing was sticking to her body uncomfortably and provided minimal amount of warmth.

She was soaking under the rain yet again, her kidnapee trailing closely behind with the umbrella to himself.

When her body betrayed her mind to continue on, he shoved her harshly to the point where her legs buckled. That added a few more cuts and bruises to her frail self. Those wounds on her knees, however, wouldn't dare to compete against the ones that stayed.

The aching knot that formed inside her finally arose from the hunger that wouldn't go away. It didn't help at all with the situation she was in, only causing her to become more delicate like a single raindrop awaiting for its fall on a dewed leaf.

Scarlett repeatedly wiped her face every few minutes, not knowing if it were her hot tears falling freely or just the cluster of raindrops stifling her.

As always, she resumed her admiration for the tinkling sound of the water droplets and listened closely to how it tumbled down. Although this downfall of rain did not hold the same traits like the one from earlier.

It was no longer the gentle droplets that softly nipped at your skin, but harsh. The same feeling of how it would be like to suffocate under a great mass of water, nothing but the liquid filling up your lungs to its very depth.

Scarlett glanced over to the railing that separated her from the temptation emitting from the deep vast of the ocean. One jump and she'd be enveloped in its warmth. Just one.

But she doesn't do it, and a voice inside her snickers.

"Did my mother send you?" She spoke, eyes still trained on the rail. The word mother tasted bitter against her tongue.

"Indeed. Mrs. Lee was very generous with the amount I was given." The assassin replied.

The hired assassin did notice Scarlet's longing gaze on the waters but gave no say about it. He had no take in her decision. As of now, his firm belief was in taking lives rather than saving them. Those who gained the second chance did not cherish it well enough and he alleged this girl—Scarlet—no different.