08. Last Words

Minutes after I had gotten hit, Jungkook pressed my body up against the van and seized my injured arm. With no warning, he pulled out the dart before I even got the chance to scream from the abrupt pain.

That had been a few hours ago. We were apparently ambushed by my kidnapee's rivals that were identified as "those damned Crimson shit-eaters" (according to Yoongi's words).

Everyone had helped tend each other's injuries and fortunately, there were no severe wounds besides a few scratches here and there. As for me, I was doing dandy at first but as the night stretched on, I began to feel hazy and unfocused.

"I don't feel so good," I blinked  breathing a bit heavily because of the ache in my shoulder. I glare: at Jungkook who was attentively staring at the bloody dart in his hand. Who in their right mind yanks an object out of someone's body like that!?

"Lay her down," Jin said, quickly pushing away the broken pieces of glass to make room for me. I muttered a 'thank you' to Jimin and Jin who let me down gently.

"JK, let me have a look at it," Jin scooted over to Jungkook, snatching the thing out of his hands.

I touched my shoulder gently, wincing at the bit of blood trickling out.

"What if it's poisonous?" Taehyung asked and scooched to my side, gently lifting up my head and placing it on his lap.

Wow. Very nice cushion. Jungkook caught my attention as I saw him make subtle eye contact with Taehyung, lifting his eyebrows as some sort of message.

I kept my eyes locked on Jungkook until his eyes meet mine. He only stared at me emotionlessly and I offered a grin in return.

They're definitely planning something.

"Doesn't look like it," Jin replied to Taehyung's question as he examined the dart. "The effects of poisonous substances should be quick if it targets us. It may just be some type of substance used to interrogate."

"Seems like sodium thiopental," Namjoon commented after a glance at it. "Kind of like a truth serum. Makes you talkative with the higher amount of doses."

"It's a barbiturate—a depressant that slows down the central nervous system—which may lead to feelings of lightheadedness. Probably what Scarlet is feeling right now," Namjoon added on.

"Ah," I nod at his answer. "I remember learning that in psychology."

"Why would they target us with that, then?" Hoseok queried as he focused on the road.

"They were confident in getting a hold of us so they hit whoever they can. Fuckers wanted us to spill our secrets or some shit," Jimin scoffed.

"Sounds reasonable," Namjoon agreed.

"That also means any wanted information from Scarlet should be the easiest to attain now," Jungkook finally spoke up. "Can't wait."

I grimaced in distaste at his comment.

Damn this truth serum or whatever. Words are starting to erupt out of my mouth involuntarily.

"Well to start off with this interrogation," I sighed, preparing for the worst to come, "I really have an uninteresting life so you guys kidnapping me is the most fun I've ever had."

"Wow," Taehyung looked down at me, "that's quite sad."

I can only nod in agreement.

"You know, you awfully look like one of my coworkers," I pointed an accusing finger in Jungkook's face. "But waaayy hotter."