Chapter 5

Ochako finally found the path leading to her village. She slowly strolls down the path, trying her best not to place too much weight on her broken foot. She gazes down towards her feet walking back and forth. She can't stop thinking about her encounter with Bakugo. She never thought that she would be with the Dragon King, let alone being saved by him! If it wasn't for him, she would have died out there in that awful storm last night. Ochako started to blush a little bit.

"What am I doing?! That wasn't anything special! He just happened to save me... Why was he even there in the first place?" Ochako tried to force herself to stop thinking. "But he's known for being heartless, cruel, mean, selfish, everything bad all into one person! I mean, he's the Dragon King! The only friends he has are dragons, he can't be friends with anyone human!"

She thinks again.

"But... he saved me and took care of me..."

Ochako shakes her head and looks up.

Her village straight ahead.

Her mood instantly lightens up and she starts to pick up her pace. She's slightly limping quickly through the village making her way to the healer to see if they can heal her broken foot and cut-up arm.

Ochako's focus was disturbed when she heard a voice calling out from behind her.

"Uraraka-san!"

She turned around and her face lifted, "Deku-kun!"

"Woah! Are you okay?! What happened to your foot?! Your arm?!" Deku yelped in worry running a bit closer to her.

"Don't worry Deku, I'm fine! I just happened to get lost last night in the forest and I got caught in the storm.." Ochako placed her hand behind her neck and rubbed up and down nervously. "But it's okay now! I was just heading over to the healer to see if I can get healed up."

Deku looked around for Ochako's staff. "Healed up? Can't you heal yourself with one of your spells? Where's your staff?"

"Oh, haha, about that..." Ochako laughed nervously. "I might of... lost it." She started to gaze down towards the ground.

"How did you lose it?" Deku asks curiously.

"I ran into some beasts last night and one of them took my staff away. It made a run towards the forest and I decided to chase it. I lost the beast and I looked up. I realized I was lost too. It started to rain really hard too, so I had to find some shelter! Next thing I know, I was in Bakugo's cave and—" Ochako got cut off.

"Bakugo's cave?!" Deku shouted.

Ochako's eyes broadened and laughed anxiously, "Yeah, I—"

"Wait, are you okay?! Did he do this to you? Did he hurt you?"

"No! He didn't hurt me! He actually... saved me, and helped me." Ochako needed to stop.

Deku's eyes were so wide, "He... saved you? That's not like Kacchan at all."

"Yeah... um, we can talk more about this later, yeah? I want to see if I can get my injuries healed up." Ochako softly says, trying to change the subject.

"Okay! Here, let me help you there at least!" Says Deku and he runs up beside her and bends over so she can place her arm up and around him, slowly heading to the healer.

Ochako and Deku opened the door to the healer and sees Shuzenji behind the counter.

"Ochako? And Deku? What are you guys doing here?" She asks, surprised.

"Hi Shuzenji! I'm sorry to disturb you, but I wanted to see if you can heal up my foot and arm. I lost my staff and I'm unable to heal it myself using a spell..." Ochako softly says.

"Ah, I see." Shuzenji gently placed her glasses on to her face and urged Ochako to sit in one of the beds across the room. Deku stepped back and opened the door about to head back outside, giving Ochako a thumbs up. He said he'll wait for her outside. Ochako happily nods and relaxes down on the bed. Shuzenji placed her hands on Ochako's foot, and after a few minutes, restored it. Same thing with her arm. Ochako felt a bit of tingling, but it didn't hurt. She then straightened her leg and foot, making sure it was healed completely. No more pain or broken bones!

"That cut on your arm was pretty deep, Ochako-san. Please be careful out there. It's dangerous." Shuzenji remarked.

Ochako reassures her, "I will! Thank you so much."

She steps off the bed and gives Shuzenji the coins needed for the healing to be done.

Ochako stepped outside and saw Deku standing by one of the posts nearby the healer.

"You're okay! I'm glad!" Deku beamed, walking over towards Ochako.

"Yeah! I feel much better now." Ochako starts to think. "Now I have to find a way to get my staff back."

"Don't worry, we'll find a way to get your staff. For the time being, we might have to go to the merchants in town to get you a temporary staff." Deku reassures.

"You're right! We'll see what we can do tomorrow. I'm going to head back home! See you, Deku!" Ochako cheerfully says as she walked away waving towards Deku.

Ochako finally reaches her little home at the end of the community's pathway and shuts the wooden door behind her. She sighs and sets her hat and tall boots by the door, lighting the candles throughout her home. She gets dressed into her night-gown and lays down in her bed. She can't help but think about what Bakugo did for her the previous night.

"Deku was right, it doesn't sound like Bakugo at all, for him to be doing all those things for me. He was supposed to be doing the exact opposite of what he actually did..." Ochako continued to stare at the dark ceiling in her room, her eyes half open. She then remembered the moments before she fell asleep in his arms while they were on their way back to his cave. She remembered feeling...

Safe.

She felt like it was the safest place in the world to be in. Her head softly hitting against his stiff chest and curled up between his heavy, strong, muscular arms. The way he tightly wrapped her broken foot and cut-up arm with his own torn up cape. The way he slaughtered those beasts in front of her. The look on his face, how angry he was with those beasts, with how they were about to kill her. He completely destroyed those monsters with everything he had, and he didn't stop. He saved her. She can't help but slowly fall asleep, drifting away in her thoughts again, realizing that she's falling in love with the Dragon King.