Chapter 7

Ochako gently opened her eyes the next morning, rolled over, and saw the sun beaming through her window. It's still morning, since her bedroom window was facing east. She rose, sitting in her bed and stretched her arms back while yawning. Ochako brushed her teeth, dressed up in her usual mage outfit, and fixed her hair for the day. She put on a little bit more makeup than usual, for a special reason. Today, she wanted to pay Bakugo a visit. "Maybe he'll help me look for my staff!" She thought to herself.

Ochako happily ate her breakfast, and left her home. She's strolling down the village and notices Deku coming out of the marketplace with something in a big box. "Oh, good morning Deku-kun!" She called out.

"Uraraka-san!" Deku cheered, walking over to Ochako with the box in hand. "Good morning! Where are you headed off to?"

"I'm going to see if I can find my staff!" Ochako replied.

"I don't think you should go out there without anything. Remember, we said we were going to get you a temporary one!" Deku advised.

"Oh yeah! I forgot! Let's go into the marketplace to see where I can get one!" Ochako chirped as she started walking towards the marketplace.

"Actually," Deku hinted, while handing out the box towards Ochako. "I got one for you already! It's not nearly as good as your normal one, but it'll do for now." Deku's cheeks started to turn a light pink while scratching the back of his head.

"Really?!" Ochako quickly took the box from Deku's hands and started to lift the top. "Thank you so much!" Deku softly chuckled while watching her open his gift.

The staff was only half the size of her regular one, but it still had a beautiful oversized shiny red and blue swirling orb at the top of the twisted pieces of wood. "It's beautiful!" Ochako exclaimed. Deku replied with a nice big smile and rosy pink cheeks.

Both Deku and Ochako head out towards the forest to start their quest of finding Ochako's staff.

A few minutes go by while walking through the entrance of the forest, and Ochako is afraid to tell Deku about her plans of still seeing Bakugo. "Um, Deku?" She hesitates when Deku turns to her with a soft smile on his face, wondering what she'll say. "I'm actually thinking if Bakugo will be willing to help me find my staff as well." Her gaze strolls down to the ground, afraid to see Deku's face after saying what she said.

"Really?" He curiously asks. "Kacchan?"

Ochako laughs shyly, "Yeah, I—" Her voice suddenly got cut off. "Wait! Deku look out!"

Deku quickly turned around and side-stepped a beast that was about to run into him with his sharp claws. Deku unsheathed his sword and began to fight the beast off. "Uraraka-san! Run! I'll handle this! Go to Kacchan!"

Ochako gasped and quickly ran down the path, farther away from Deku and the beast. Deku glanced over to Ochako to make sure she's safe, but he also felt uneasy and sad, knowing she's running to Kacchan. She kept running until she was completely out of breath. She stopped under a tree and tried to regain some air.

She looked up down the path to see where she is. She notices that she's still on the right path that leads to Bakugo's cave. "Deku will catch up with us later!" She says to herself as she jogs up the mountain path. Ochako approaches the cave and peeks inside, "Is he home?" She softly asks herself. She gradually walks inside and catches Bakugo brewing some food over the fire. He turns over and his attention shifted from the pot to Ochako, his eyes furrow.

"What in the hell are you doing here?"