1

Kanpur

Sunshine Orphanage

A girl of early twenties of singing a melodious song for a group of children.

"Khushi didi, aap kitna achaa gaati hai. Mujhe bhi sikhna hai!" (Khushi didi, you sing so good. I too want to learn it) A girl whose front tooth were missing, said.

"Aww mera bacha, kyu nahi. Ek din aap bhi gaaoge, mere se bhi achaa!" (Aww! Why not my dear, one day you will sing even more melodious than me.) Khushi replied hugging her close to herself.

A year has passed since she is coming here in this orphanage.

It's more than a year since she left Delhi and settled here.

More than a year since she heard about Arnav, the love of her life but unfortunately the destructer of her life too.

She is in contact with her family and sister but she refused them to come and meet her or to return to Delhi.

She can't step in that cursed city.

"Didi, bhook lagi hai!" (Didi, I'm hungry)

"Ok, come let's go and have lunch!"

She is working here as a cook but never takes her salary because she doesn't need it. She is already working as cook in a nearby restaurant.

"Mother, let's serve them lunch. They are hungry!" Khushi said entering the kitchen.

"Yes, they are always hungry for your handmade food!"

"Obviously, they love my food."

That's true. From the time Khushi is cooking in the orphanage everyone's stomach is full as it's very tasty.

"Line by line, how many times shall I say you all should make a queue or else I won't serve the food." Khushi said loudly to the children who were making ruckus.

Khushi served the food to everyone and sat on the chair content by seeing the smiles on their faces.

"Till when you will find your happiness in others?" Mother asked taking a place beside her.

"Huh??"

"Till when will you do all this, dear. Forgive him. I know he committed sins but he is repenting too."

"No mother, he isn't repenting. He is after me for some selfish reasons. He wants me back as I paid no heed to him."

"No dear, he wants you back because he loves you."

"His love is fake."

Mother chuckled.

"Yes indeed, you can make it real."

"You are not understanding, for now it's easy for you but at some point of your life you will need a life partner who loves you. I know you love him back. Everyone commits mistakes, he is also Human!"

"No, he isn't a Human. He is ASR who writes his own destiny. He hates me Mother."

"No, he doesn't. If he did he wouldn't be back of you for what? 5 years? No person will do that."

"No, you don't know the real him. He is a beast, a devil!" Khushi snapped.