2

"Khushi!" The Mother called, seeing her sitting in the lonely place, looking out.

"Yes Mother?"

"Are you upset with me?"

"No, how can a child be upset with her mother!"

"Then why are you sitting her with this gloomy expression. Let me tell you a secret. This look and expression doesn't suit you." The mother whispered in her ear.

Khushi smiled and said, "This is what is remaining in my life, Mother. I'm happy here, with you all. When I return home, which is not a home just a mere a room with 4 walls which feels like they'll eat me alive."

"Then why don't you shift here. If you do you don't have to pay the rent too!"

"No Mother, I can't. There's is little to no space here for the children and if I also start living here then there will no space left for them. Moreover, I renewed my rent agreement . I can't vacate the place for the next three months."

"Children will adjust my child."

"Yes, Mother I know. They have a big heart but I don't want them to adjust."

The mother sighed.

"Ok, I'll take your leave. It's starting to get dark. I have to reach home by 7." Khushi said and bid Mother her adieu.

While opening the flat, Khushi got Payal's call.

She spoke to her at length, nothing just to time pass.

Her sister was happy. It's been 18 months to her remarriage and she is happy as ever.

Every one at her home takes care of her especially her husband, Aakash.

There's only one thing left in her own life, presence of a partner, her significant other.

She knows she can't marry ever. She left Delhi because she wasn't able to face the Raizadas, see them happy. It's not she became agonist or something but her lonely nights confined her room after meeting them was too much.

She avoided going to their functions but it wasn't possible as it was her sister's family. Her family understood her turmoil and didn't push her but she has some duties towards her sister. And not to forget the silent whispers she has to bear from people at the functions whenever she is around.

Lately, her family started asking her to marry again, not to Arnav but to some other man. But who will marry her, a broken woman, who lived with a man for six months on a contract. Who will believe her that not for a single night they shared the bed? No one. Just because a man and a woman spend some nights alone in a room, people assume that they shared something in between.

Truly, Arnav Singh Raizada made fun of her life, her morals, her values, crushed her pride. No man in her sane mind will marry her.

She even got rejected by some families when they came to know that she was already married and her marriage was broken in 6 months. According to them 'when a girl can't live with her husband for more than 6 months, then she can't make a good wife.' For them the fault always lies in woman.
That was the final nail in coffin, she packed her backs and left for Lucknow. There too she wasn't in peace as people knew about her supposedly failed marriage. She lived there for 2 months and left for Kanpur where no one recognises her. Actually didn't know where to go, just then she saw the ad in a newspaper for the job of cook in restaurant. She eagerly left for Kanpur in hope for a job which she bagged with her amazing cooking skills. Few days later she saw the sunshine orphanage run by a widowed woman, who houses around 30 orphan children. She donates a part of her salary and cooks for them for free every few days.