4

Khushi entered the flat, which she her home far away from home followed by Arnav.
He looked around the flat consisting of a sofa set and a coffee table. There were 3 doors at each corner of the hall.

Khushi made her way towards one door which Arnav assumed to be the bedroom, which was indeed the bed room. He opened one door and it was the kitchen. He entered and washed a glass poured the water and went in the direction of Khushi's room.

"Here have this!" Arnav muttered and handed her the glass who drank as if she was thirsty for years.

"Take rest and call me if you need any thing!" Arnav said and left towards the living room and opened the laptop.

After sometime Anjali called Arnav.

"Yes Di?" Arnav answered the call.

"How are you Chote and how is Khushiji?" Anjali asked through the phone.

"I'm fine Di, Khushi is feeling better though she has pain but won't tell me!"

"Hmm, she needs time Chote!"

"I know Di!"

"Leave all your work in Delhi, Aman and Aakahs will handle it, you concentrate on wooing her!"

"I can't leave all the burden on Aakash, Di. Payal is pregnant, so he should focus more on her instead of work or office!"

"But still Chote, he won't mind your work load too."

"Di please, stop interfering in our lives. I know what to do and what not to." Arnav snapped

"Chote, why are you getting so hyper. I was just suggesting."

"Di, interference or suggestions of siblings in other's lives did more harm than good. We better keep our suggestions to ourselves." Saying that Arnav hanged the call.

Other side Anjali looked at her phone in disbelief. She can't believe her Chote hanged the call on her on such a petty thing.

Khushi too looked at Arnav in disbelief. She can't believe he did that. First he spoke to her sister in a high pitch tone and later hanged the call on her face.

She wasn't exactly resting, just laying on the bed when Arnav's phone rang. The flat was small enough that she could hear Arnav's voice in her bedroom. The bedroom's door was open too which helped her in eavesdropping. She got up from her bed when Payal's name was mentioned in their conversation.

Sighing she again made her way towards the bed.

After sometime Arnav knocked and entered the room.

"I'm going out, I'm locking the door from outside?" Arnav said.

Khushi simply nodded.

"Do you need anything?"

Khushi nodded in no and Arnav left from there.

After 30 minutes Arnav entered her room with plate, spoon and a packet.

"Here have it, this is idli. Doctor said you should eat light food for some days." Arnav forwarded the packet and plate along with spoon. 

Khushi looked at him confused. He only got one plate and one packet.

Understanding her confusion, Arnav said "I bought a sandwich for myself, so I don't exactly need a plate."

Khushi nodded.

They both ate their lunch in silence.

This thing went on for hours. Arnav working on his laptop and Khushi doing nothing in particular in the living room and bed room respectively.

When the night has spread his blanket on the sky spreading the darkness, Khushi got up from the bed and made her way towards the kitchen.

"Khushi, you here? Do you need anything?" He asked getting up.

"No, I just came to prepare the dinner!" Though his concern warmed her heart she didn't let it seep in her, for who knows it may be temporary thing and she doesn't want to break her heart again, by expecting the unexpected.

"You don't need to, I'll order something!"

"No, I don't like much of the outside food." Khushi muttered entering the kitchen.

"Ok, I'll prepare something for you but you rest!" Arnav requested.

"Please!" He persuaded.

"You will make something?"

"Yes, so what I'm not a chef or cook regularly, I know how to cook. It's a basic thing for your survival. Irrespective of the gender, everyone should know how to cook!" Arnav said.

Khushi nodded and left the kitchen, praying he makes something edible.

Arnav made upma for both of them having found semolina in the kitchen.

He Thanked God that he didn't have to make anything more complicated which may turn into disaster.

"Khushi, here have this!" Arnav forwarded the bowl of upma in her direction.

"Upma?" Khushi wondered, why do he have to feed her all the South Indian dishes, first Idli and now Upma.

(No offence to South Indians, it's just that a few North Indians find South Indian food bland. That doesn't mean many doesn't like it. It's their perspective. I have see some North Indians loving South Indian food and vice versa. I'm a South Indian too!)

"Yes, upma. Doctor said you have to eat light food for some days and upma is best option!"

"But you can also make Dhalia?"

"What's the difference in both. They both are made with wheat and the cooking process is also the same. Think this as a Dhalai and have it!"

"But Dhalia is so chewy!"

"Think that I overcooked it.  But please eat it, before it gets cold."

"And what are you eating?" Khushi asked sobering up. She couldn't believe she showed what is akin to a tantrum.

"I'm also eating the same, now if you start eating then I'll too and let me tell you, I don't like my upma cold." Arnav said and internally smiled. His Khushi is still there.

Khushi sighed and started eating upma.
She looked at him and mentally rolled her eyes seeing him moving to the living room instead of joining her.

'Can't he sit here and eat with me?' She thought but didn't voice her thoughts.

Slowly but steadily, seeing Arnav near, her craving for a happy marriage increased inside Khushi. She knows it's wrong to expect anything which won't be fulfilled but a man in her case a woman can hope, right?