Girls Names - "D"

Dandara: It's meaning is unknown but second Brazilian history Dandara was an Afro-Brazilian warrior of the colonial period of Brazil. She was married to Zumbi dos Palmares and had three children. After being arrested on February 6, 1694, she committed suicide, refusing to return to a life of slavery, therefore this name was associated to "warrior princess; black princess".

Daisy:  Flower name.

Dalia: Means  "branch or gentle" in Hebrew or Swahili.

Dorothy: Means  "gift of God". It is the English variation of Greek Dorothea (which means  "gift of God" in Greek).

Dolores: Means "lady of sorrows" in Spanish. 

Dominika: Russian version of Dominica (which is the Italian, feminine variation of Dominic, which means "belonging to the lord" in Latin).

Devon:  English place-name

Dakota: Means  "friendly one" in Sioux.

Dawn: Word name.

Danita: Means "God is my judge" in Hebrew.

Davina: Means "little deer" in Hebrew.

Dominique: Means  "belonging to a lord". It is the French feminine version of Dominic (which means  "belonging to the lord" in Latin).

Doris: Means  "gift of the ocean" in Greek.

Dove: Nature name.

Drussila: Means  "fruitful" in Latin.

Daphne: Means  "laurel tree, bay tree" in Greek.

Delilah: Means  "delight or to flirt" in  Hebrew or Arabic.

Dahlia: Flower name.