2

"How lovely to meet you, James Henderson," I winked at him and shook his hand.

He held out his arm to me and I took it. He led me around the car to where Oliver was grappling with my luggage. He spotted us.

"Ah, yes, Scarlet. I see you have met your co-star, James! Such a lovely person. James, I see you have met Scarlet, your beautiful love-interest in the film! Wonderful!" Oliver said, out of breath.

Melody appeared and took some of my luggage from him. She hurried off into the maze of tents.

"Yes, Scarlet and I were just chatting about how nice it is to finally acquaintance," James said. "Perhaps I should show her to her tent?"

"Yes, yes, go right ahead." Oliver said. "Then once you have cleaned up and rested, we will begin our dinner! 8 o'clock on the dot!" Oliver shoved my luggage at James who managed to carry both with one hand. Oliver hurried off.

James chuckled at Oliver's retreating figure. "Strange man, Buchanan is. Did he tell you about the time he fought a lion with bare hands?" We started strolling leisurely through the tents.

I laughed. "Yes, he did. I didn't hear any of it though. But apparently he did."

"That's Oliver for you," James's voice was smooth. I liked how it sounded.

"How long have you been here?" I asked. As we walked, everyone watched us. They didn't stop there conversations, they just trailed their eyes on us. It was disconcerting.

"I got here yesterday, from New York," James said. "So I have had time to adjust. You perhaps, may need more time,"

When he said that, I felt the time change catching up to me. I walked heavily with tiredness in every bone. 

"You're right. I am tired. What time is it?" I asked.

"Half past 12. So once I get you to your tent, you'll have plenty of time to sleep before the dinner," James said. He stopped in front of a little shack with a crescent moon cut out on the door. "This is the outhouse. Well, one of them. You and I each have our own right behind our tents, but there's others stationed all over the camp."

"Interesting," I said. It was not what I had expected. Although, I hadn't known what to expect.

James laughed. "Not what you were expecting?"

"I didn't know what to expect," I said. "I've never been out of America before."

James looked at me in surprise. "Such a famous movie star such as yourself has never been out of the country?"

I shook my head. "Never had much taste for it. Perhaps though, after this, I might."

"I will gladly take you myself. Oh, I've been to the most wonderful places. London, Paris, China, Brazil, the works. It's all so amazing."

"Maybe I will," I smiled.

"Oh, here we are," He stopped abruptly in front of a large, white tent with netting over it. The two flaps leading in were buttoned shut.

James opened it and stepped inside. I followed him in and nearly gasped in surprise. After seeing the outhouse, I had not expected this luxurious of a tent. It was a tent after all.

There was a large bed in the middle of the tent, a lacy white bedspread covering it and several big pillows at the head of the bed.

On either side were two nightstands. At either ends of the tent were two dressers and an armoire. There was also a vanity. Delicate pink curtains were draped around the ceiling and walls. netting was draped around the bed as well, for mosquitos, I thought.