Misunderstanding - Steve Rogers

Sorry that it's another Steve one but I had inspiration and I had to write it!

Words: 975 (minus the a/n at the end)
Warnings: cursing
Type: idk

(I kinda like Sharon carter but I had to make her come off as mean for this to work)
(Civil war never happened)

You smiled as you walked up to the doors of the avengers compound. The avengers were like your family and even though you didn't live with them you still visited often. As you walked in, you were greeted by Friday and asked her to take you to the common room. You were feeling super excited considering Steve and Bucky had just got back from a long mission and you were desperate to see them after so long.

As you entered the common room, you were greeted with a large hug from your best friends Clint, Sam and tony. You were also best friends with Natasha but she doesn't really like hugs so you gave her a quick high five. Bucky was like your brother so when you saw him, you both hugged for a long while.

"I've missed you so much!" You exclaimed, smiling wide.

"I've missed you too, sparky!" He replied, slowly exiting the hug. You were also experimented on my hydra and were giving the powers to manipulate electricity and shoot electric charges out of your hands. You asked how he was and if the mission went ok on his part and he replied as needed.

"Where's Steve?! I've missed him and I really want to know how the mission went!" You smiled looking around the room to see if you missed him. Suddenly you were approached by a very angry blonde woman.

"I'm his girlfriend, who are you exactly and why are you so desperate to see him?! I'm sure he doesn't care that much about you. He's got me."She said meanly, glaring you down. The others went to jump in the conversation and stick up for you but you beat them too it. All the avengers in the room drew in breath, knowing that you have an insanely short temper that you couldn't help and that she just crossed the line.

"First of all, who the hell do you think you are? You don't even know my name yet and your glaring me down. Seems like you have a habit of jumping to conclusions faster than quicksilver can run-"

"(Y/n/n), chill ou-" Clint tried to say but was quickly cut off by you sending him a look and saying:

"Son, just don't." He got the message and slightly smirked, knowing that you were going in on Sharon.

"Secondly, I'm the girl that can add the word ex on to the front of any of Steve's girlfriends! Especially ones that treat people they haven't even met like shit, let alone anyone else and the ones who have the personality of a teaspoon. So how did my brothers mission go, bitch?" You ended, with a smirk as you watched her eyes widen.

Sharon opened her mouth to say something but then quickly shut it as no words would come out. The word brother rang round in her head as if she didn't believe it. You stood tall in triumph, realising that small sparks were coming out of the tips of your fingers the whole time. The sparks stopped as you waited for her to make her move.

"What is going on here?!" A voice bellowed. You both turned to look at Steve. Sharon had a shocked look on her face and you had a mischievous smirk. She glanced at you before running to Steve.

"She threatened me!"

"What?!" You yelled in disbelief. Sharon looked to the others in the room for help, thinking that she had a good bond with them but no one will have a bond with them like you do. They all started sticking up for you, especially Bucky.

"No she didn't-"

"She wouldn't do that-"

"That's a lie-" were all the things the avengers were saying to Steve, trying to get there voice heard.

"Steve, she didn't." Bucky said sternly, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"But you'd believe your girlfriend over people who are just your friends right?" She asked, making puppy dog eyes at him. "I wouldn't lie" she added. Steve looked conflicted before saying,

"Friday, bring up the cctv footage from the last 10 minutes."

Everyone stood still as the footage played. Sharon smiled as she watched you yell at her on the screen. The footage ended at the point when Steve came into the room. He turned and looked at Sharon.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can be with someone who says that to my sister."

"What?" She asked, utterly shocked. "But you heard what's she said to me!"

"She can't help that. If you antagonise her, that will happen." He said angrily. "I think you should leave."

"Fine, I don't need you anyway." She yelled before storming out. You watched her leave and that's when you realised what you did. You snapped. You thought you had it under control, that you could control the temper that came with your ptsd and past trauma. Tears welled up in your eyes as you felt disappointed in yourself for getting angry.

You closed your eyes as you tried not to cry. Suddenly, you felt a pair of arms wrap around you. Slowly opening your eyes, you saw nat, smiling at you and hugging you softly. You felt another pair of arms join and another and another until you were one big group hug. You giggled as they all let go and you were left face to face with your brother, Steve. He enveloped you into the biggest hug he's ever given you.

"I've missed you, (y/n/n)." He smiled.

"I've missed you too! So, how was your mission?"

————————————————————————————————————————

Hey guys! I hope you liked that! Sorry it wasn't a Stevexreader romance and sorry that it was another Steve one. I'm just waiting for some more inspiration for the others but if you want to request, I'd like that! Please vote and comment!

- Lucy