Well then - bruce banner/hulk

Words: 864
Warnings: ....awkwardness

Civil war never happened but Thor ragnarok did.

Midgard was your next destination. You were from Asgard but left because you felt you didn't belong there. After a while you seemed to end up on Sakaar, working for the grandmaster. You met the hulk when you and Valkyrie (as Thor calls her) were assigned to him, alternating days on which you'd take him to training. Then when he transformed you met Bruce and it all went well from there. Now you were sat next to him on a ship full of asgardian people as Thor took them to Midgard, promising that it was the safest place for everyone but for some reason Bruce was on edge.

"Hey, What seems to be the matter?" You asked resting a hand on his thigh. He sighed, internally debating what to say.

"I have some.. unfinished business on ea- Midgard."

"Don't worry, I'll be there with you." As you spoke Valkyrie walked past and said something about him not having to worry because you are "a badass." Bruce rested his head in his hands and you rested your head on his shoulder. "It will be okay."

"Hey Banner! I thought that after we drop my people off safely we could go and visit the other Avengers." Thor yelled from across the room. Bruce only groaned even more, sinking back into his chair.

———-time skip————————-

Before you knew it, you were on an almost empty ship and going to see the avengers. Bruce seemed incredibly nervous.

"Are you embarrassed of me?" You finally spoke up. The thought had been eating away at you for the entire trip. Bruce's eyes widened as he shook his head furiously. "Because if you want I'll act we aren't... whatever we are."

"No! No! It's not that at all- wait. What even are we?"

"Are we officially together? Do you want it to be official?"

"Well yes... only if that's what you want!" He mumbled, rushing the last part.

"So were together?" You asked, he nodded. "Good." You spoke and he smiled wildly.

"Anyway, of course I'm not embarrassed of you, it's just.." he trailed off but you gave him a look to keep him going. "There's a girl." Your heart sank and your features fell. Quickly he tried to redeem himself. "We were never official... but we were going to be. We were going to run away together but I or the Hulk left for her own good. She was the only one who could calm me down, but then I met you." There was silence.

"Do you still love her?"

"....a bit." You could hear your heart start to snap.

"More than me?" You whispered.

"No! At least, not now. I won't leave you for her as soon as I see her. I promise."

"If you look at her and feel more love than you do when you look at me, you must go to her." You said decisively. "Promise me."

"I promise."

"Sorry to impose but we have arrived." Loki spoke, approaching you both since you were at the back of the ship and they were at the front. "The Avengers are waiting on land for us."

"Okay thank you Loki." You said smiling. You kind of liked Loki as you were mischievous just like him but only as a friend.

"Ready?" You asked. He grabbed your hand.

"Ready."

All the avengers stood outside waiting for the other members to join. Nat was stood next to Steve staring at the ship.

"Are you gonna be ok?" Steve asked Nat.

"Yeah I'll be fine, not much can change right? And we can pick up where we left off." Nat said, sounding doubtful yet hoping she was right. Then the door opened and Thor, Loki and Valkyrie stepped of and were greeted by the others. Then Bruce stepped out holding hands with you. Nat's face dropped.

"Bruce."

"Nat."

"Who's your friend?" Nat asked, her teeth gritted.

"Oh erm, this is my girlfriend Y/n, she is originally asgardian." Bruce stuttered out.

"It's good to meet you." You said, trying to be nice yet not knowing what's going on. Then you realised that this must be the girl. She is beautiful you thought, feeling self conscious until you remembered what Valkyrie said on the ship: don't worry, she's a badass. And at that moment Valkyrie went back into the ship and emerged with your gloves that controlled the guns on the ship.

"Here you go, you might want to see if they work." Valkyrie said before walking away.

"Anywhere I can try them?" You asked and Tony nodded.

"Just shoot them here, I'll have lawn maintenance fix it." He replied. You nodded and pulled on the gloves.Nat seemed to laugh a bit at your gloves before you smashed them together and they lit up, bringing guns out of either side of the ship. You shot them at the spot Tony pointed to before turning them off and meeting Nat's shocked eyes.

"They work." You smirked.

"Let me show you both to your room." Tony said quickly turning you and Bruce into the compound.

"Well then." Sam said.

"Yep, she's a badass."