In comparison - Steve Rogers

Words:1019
Warnings: none I don't think

"It was an accident Steve! Why are you getting so angry about this?!" You yelled at him.

"That was utterly dangerous and you know it! It's as if you did it to annoy me on purpose." He yelled back. You rolled your eyes. The avengers in the common room with you started to leave.

"I took a risk to help finish the mission-"

"Which jeopardised the mission." He snarled. You threw your hands up in the air in anger.

"What else could I have done?!"

The mission was to secure the memory stick. This went south quickly as there was an unexpected explosion. The building was in bits and to get to the memory stick you had to jump to part of a wooden beam that was sticking out of the wall and then to the concrete. For the final jump, you'd have to put a lot of pressure on the take off yet not too much or the beam would break. Long story short, the beam broke and you fell. Your boyfriend, Steve, was not happy.

"Look, you've made everyone awkward by making this a big deal!" You pointed out. He scoffed.

"Me? You are being unreasonable. That was a bad move and you know it. Everyone knows I'm right and can't watch you embarrass yourself." He exclaimed. Steve was getting louder and louder. You weren't one for confrontation so this started to scare you a bit.

"I am not embarrassing myself, Steven! You are embarrassing me by scolding me like I'm a 5 year old." You answered back, refusing to back down now. By this time, everyone left the room but were sat in Tony's lab watching it through the security cameras. They know they shouldn't but they couldn't risk one of you getting hurt.

"Because you are acting like a 5 year old." Steve yelled loudly, taking a step towards you. You, by instinct, took a step back.

"I made that jump. I just twisted my foot a bit on my push off and the wood broke. It was a mistake." You yelled back, your voice quieter than Steve's.

"A stupid mistake that anyone could have done right. Peggy would have done it right."
His voice raised louder. He stepped forward more. You stepped back again. The avengers couldn't watch anymore. They all sat in silence wondering what was going on.

"Do you know how that feels, Rogers?! Did you know, Tony is a billionaire. Not to mention an absolute genius who discovered a new element." You said sarcastically.

"Don't be so childish." He snapped.

"It broke, I didn't mean for it to." You said at a normal volume. Steve stepped forward again. You stepped back.

"Maybe, it wouldn't break if you weren't so heavy." He growled. Tears sprung in your eyes as you stepped back and your back hit a wall, making you jump. The jump make Steve snap out of it. He looked into your eyes and saw the tears threatening to spill.

"Y-you're right. I'm sorry." You stuttered, your voice breaking.

"No, doll, wait. I didn't me-" he put his arm out to touch your shoulder but you dodged it.

"Just.. just don't." You whispered as you left.

————time skip brought to you by the fact that I'm going to see endgame in 3 days and am not ready what so ever——————

Natasha was sat in her room, finishing a book when she heard a soft knock on her door. Opening it, she found you stood there.

"Hey Nat, could I stay in your room for tonight please?" You asked timidly. She saw your tear stained face and the tears threatening to follow and ushered you into her room. Natasha put on (y/f/tv show).

"Miss (Y/n), Captain Rogers is looking for you." JARVIS spoke. (I miss Jarvis okay)

"Don't tell him where I am jar, please."

"Wasn't going to miss. Just thought I'd tell you." You smiled slightly.

"Thank you Jarvis."

"My pleasure."

You and Nat watched the show until you both fell asleep. This was until you woke up around 2am, unable to sleep. You creeped out of Nat's room (which was hard considering she's an assassin) and couldn't help thinking about Steve's words. The more you thought of them, the more you believed them. That's how you found yourself in the training area.

You broke multiple punching bags, spent 2 hours on the treadmill. Pushed yourself with pull ups and press ups, doing more than you have before. You did sit ups and crunches until you lost count, using Steve's harsh words as motivation.

—————time skip brought to you by Tony Stark. It looked like a hug but you're not quite there yet—————————————————

It was 8am and everyone was in the common room. Everyone but you and Nat. Steve looked rough and had his hands in his hair. He sighed. Nat entered the common room and looked confused.

"Hey Jarvis, where's (Y/n)?" She asked.

"In the training room. She has been training nonstop since 2:15am this morning and will cause herself major injuries if she does not take a break immediately. She spoke about becoming thinner."

The team ran to the training room, Steve at the front and burst through the doors. You looked as if you might pass out. You were running on the treadmill again, pushing yourself far. Everything was a bit blurry for you but you kept going. Steve ran over and picked you up off the treadmill.

"Doll, you're gonna kill yourself if you don't stop." He said, holding your head to his chest.

"I j-just want to be good enough," You panted, "like Peggy."

"Darlin' you are good enough. I was angry because I was worried about you. I was completely out of order and I didn't mean anything I said. You are perfect. I love you. I'm so sorry." Steve said, putting his thoughts out there.

"I forgive you and I'm sorry too." You replied.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." You leaned in and kissed him softly.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N
What?! Two chapters in two days?!

Thank you for reading! Please remember to vote and comment.

I'll see you in the next chapter!

- Lucy x