Chapter Two-Secrets

Chapter Two

Secrets

"Loki! You scared me half to death!" I whisper-yell while he holds my close to him by my waist. After I scramble free from his embrace I spin around and look at his confused face. His eyes instantly go to my red cheek while I calm the panic in my chest. "Not right now, Loki."

"Who struck you?" He thunders and that's the pebble that breaks the dam. I bite down hard on my lip as tears start to fall from my eyes. "Oh, darling. Come with me." He beckons and guides me away with an arm around my waist. Loki walks me to another pair of doors, then stops just on the other side once they're closed. "Speak with me, angel. What occurred?"

"An old, abusive ex showed up, okay? I'm fine. I just...I'm done with the party tonight." I tell him and my tears dry as frustration takes the hurt's place. Just glancing into Loki's eyes lets me see his thoughts racing within that complicated head, so I just start walking back to my room.

"May I accompany you?" He asks, catching up with me easily with his long legs. I shrug, rubbing under my eyes and checking my fingers for mascara.

"I won't stop you. I am changing clothes before heading to the kitchen, though." I warn.

"I wouldn't mind tagging along for that." He comments and I shove his shoulder, but there's something comforting about the teasing. It doesn't take long to get to my room and I happily shut the door in Loki's face before heading to my dresser. After washing off the heaps of make-up I have on, I change into sophie shorts and a baggy T. Then, I let my hair down from its prim and proper place. Sighing with relief that I can breathe, I head out and bump right into Loki.

"Fuck, Loki. What-?" I stop when I realize he's holding a tv tray with a plate of grilled cheeses on it, a glass of juice, and a flower.

"I thought perhaps you'd appreciate eating in your room. Your...cheek is swelling." My hand instinctively grazes the injury and I flinch.

"Are you saying I'm to ugly too eat in the kitchen like a normal person?" I ask, stepping aside to let him in. He scoffs, but steps in anyways.

"Ugly is never a word I'd use to describe you." He tells me while I shut the door. When I turn back around he's already set the tray on my bed and is sitting on the end of it.

"Thank you, by the way. This is kind of you." I tell him in a surprised tone.

"I learned from the best, did I not?" He compliments me again and moves forward, laying a hand on my hurt cheek. My eyes shut without thinking about it.

"Mmm. That feels good." I whisper, leaning into his frigid hand. My hand lifts and presses it harder against my cheek, sighing at the pure relief it provides. My eyes open and my mouth turns into a little o when I realize I'm snuggling with Loki's hand. Blushing profusely, I remove my hand from his.

"I'd be happy to hold my hand here whenever you like. Or other places..." He teases and it relieves most of my nerves. Gently, he runs a thumb over my bottom lip, then lets his hand fall. My eyes watch him with confusion.

"Loki, what are you..." I stop when he puts a gentle hand over my mouth, then rescinds it.

"Not now. For now, I am your servant. Do you require anything else?" He asks thoughtfully and I'm too shocked to answer. "Here." He summons an ice pack from thin air and presses it to my cheek, then lays my hand over it. "I'll be outside your door if needed." He tells me and leaves before I can say a word.

"What the absolute fuck?" I murmur and think about going after him. Just then my stomach growls and I relax back on the bed. "Food first." I nod and slowly eat the sandwiches he made, my mind nearly smoking as I think about his recent actions. Loki has never acted like this with me. Lately he's been strangely soft with me, but I thought he was just improving! It couldn't be anything else...right? Once I'm finished, I get up and set the tray at the end of my bed. After that I walk to the door and open it, laughing when I find a cobra waiting for me. "Really, Loki? A cobra?" I question and step back as he slithers in, then transforms back into his charming self.