Chapter Three-Wooing

Chapter Three

Wooing

I wake up in the morning with Loki's name already on my lips and the sheets sticking to my sweaty skin. My night was filled with wet dreams of Loki and it really hasn't helped clean my head for clear thinking at all. Groaning, I stretch my arms up until my fists hit the headboard, then sigh as I relax back into the sheets. Someone clears their throat and my crusty eyes snap open to find a blurry figure sitting in the chair next to me.

"Fuck!" I shout and sit up, nearly forgetting to hold the blankets to my bare chest. I rub my eyes and my vision clears to reveal an amused Loki with a tray of breakfast sitting in front of him. "Loki. Why? Just why." I breathe, my heart beating about a thousand times per second.

"I apologize for frightening you, dear one. You cried out for me in your sleep, so I remained here to soothe you." Once again, I find myself blushing. Loki instantly notices and smirks. "Perhaps soothing is not what you desired?" He asks, but there's no way I'm answering.

"What did you bring?" I change the subject, but his grin remains.

"Breakfast and coffee. Made the way you usually make it." He stands from his chair and sets the tray on my lap. I look down and find waffles slathered in butter and syrup, along with a cup of milk, a cup of coffee and a fork.

"Loki...I'm touched. This is my favorite breakfast. You're spoiling me." I scold him lightly and his eyes shine at the praise.

"Once again I will tell you, I am endeavoring to win your affections, darling." He reminds me and my lips turn down.

"Loki..." I start, but stop when I realize I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said. "Will you pass me my shirt?" I ask and watch mischief alight in his eyes.

"You mean to say you've no clothes on?" Loki asks and I roll my eyes.

"I have on underwear, Loki. Shirt, please?" I plead and pout just a little. His eyes land on my lips then return to my eyes, now containing a fire that rips through me. God, it's too early for this. He sweeps my baggy shirt up off the floor and holds it to his face, smelling it gingerly before pressing a kiss to the fabric. My next breath is shaky and I know he notices. He reaches out and trails a thumb down my lips, then tosses the shirt at me.

"You're very tempting when you stick your lips out like that." Loki comments nonchalantly as I pick up my shirt and slip it on, making sure not to let anything show. Finally, I can eat my breakfast without giving Loki a show I'm sure he'd enjoy.

"Uh-huh. Where's your food?" I ask and start eating while he answers.

"I've already eaten. Unfortunately, I must leave you. I promised Thor that we'd meet today and...bond." He tells me with distaste. Giggling, I wave him out.

"Go, go. Thank you for breakfast, by the way." I tell him and he catches my hand, pressing a quick kiss to my knuckles before leaving. Happily, I finish my breakfast then change into workout clothes; a sports bra and shorts. Then, I head out to the track for my run. Four laps around and I'm sweating disgustingly, but I've always felt great after sweating a lot. I feel like I've sweat out all the bad shit in my body. Panting, I head inside and sigh when the air conditioning hits me.

"Well, don't you just look delectable." Loki sighs just to the left of the door. I shake my head and continue walking.

"Isn't lurking near doorways a little below you, Loki?" I ask while he catches up with me.

"Ah, this proves I have such a devotion to you I would stoop to do such things." He says dramatically and I snort.

"Sure, Romeo. Sure." I concede and jump when he catches my hand, pulling me close to him. "Loki, I'm soaked with sweat." I voice my first coherent thought and look around for any witnesses. That is, until Loki catches my chin with his hand.