/38/

Frostfall's POV:

I was trailing through the forest, returning from a hunting patrol with Breezeclaw, Kestrelwing, and Honeyheart. 

I was striving to keep Eagledust out of my mind. I still loved him completely, but I was bewildered. My brave Eagledust would never hurt a soul. 

Abruptly, Honeyheart interrupted my deep thoughts, "You should probably break up with Eagledust." She made a cluck sound with her tongue after 'dust'. 

Honeyheart was a pale gold she-cat. She was snobby and arrogant; always settling her nose in other's businesses. 

"She's right, Frostfall," Breezeclaw attached. His clever eyes pierced through me. "He's an untrustworthy cat."

I frowned. "You're his brother. Shouldn't you have his back?" 

Breezeclaw hesitated to answer. There was a brief moment of pure silence. Only the trees conversed in the light gust of wind. "Should I?" The dark brown tom meowed smoothly. He cocked his head to the side. 

"Oh well," Honeyheart seethed, flicking her tail sassily. "Looks like Frostfall's in love with a killer. Just wait until the Clan hears about thi-" 

"Wait!" I yowled, coming to a complete. I grinned and flirted with my tail. "I'm not in love with that slayer." I winked at Breezeclaw. "I love you." In a slow movement, his lips came smashing into mine. 

Suddenly, I had forgotten all about Eagledust. My heart erupted in my chest. This new feeling was different... intense. 

Sorry, Eagledust. In my defense, I loved you once...