『 十六 』

The question enraged Mikasa and she looked like she wanted to strangle the court master. Eren held her back, hoping that she wouldn't do anything rash.

He was angry as well and he wanted nothing more than to take the canon and shove it up the court master's ass, but he knew that he was in a predicament and doing anything would cause him and his friends to die.

Instead, he channelled all that rage into his voice and shouted at the top of his lungs, "I'M A HUMAN BEING!"

"I see. . . don't hate me for what I'm about to do," the court master responded, raising his hand all the way up, "Since we have no proof of your statement, I have no choice."

"NO!" Mikasa yelled, drawing her blade, "I WON'T LET YOU KILL HIM!"

Armin said nothing but he also readied himself. (Y/N) was no different.

"Men, we can't endanger the Schlusser," the court master declared, "I don't care if it costs you your lives, but I want her out of harm's way. PULL HER AWAY FROM THE THREE OF THEM!"

Eren yanked (Y/N)'s arm and forced her behind him. "YOU'LL NEVER TAKE HER!" He shouted back with the same amount of force.

"EREN YEAGER. HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN HOW YOU ALMOST KILLED HER A FEW MINUTES AGO?!"

Eren's expression faltered and his grip on (Y/N)'s wrist loosened, which didn't go unnoticed by the mass.

"THAT'S RIGHT, EREN YEAGER!" The court master continued, taking advantage of this situation, "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO PRETEND LIKE YOU'RE HER FRIEND WHEN YOU'RE JUST A MONSTER."

Eren glanced at the (h/c) haired girl, who just shook her head.

"Don't believe him, Eren," she whispered in her friend's ear, "You're not a monster. Plus, you and I know exactly why you decided to hurt me. I'll explain that later."

"NOW, GIVE HER BACK OR I'LL FIRE!"

Mikasa and Armin faced the court master with a dangerous glint in their eyes.

Eren held them back once again and lifted one of his hands to his mouth. He bit his thumb harshly and there was a large gust of wind along with a flash of light.

When the smoke cleared, (Y/N) found herself standing behind Titan Eren. She wasn't the only one there; she was joined by Armin, and Mikasa.

"There has to be a plan," Mikasa said, "We can do something to convince them, right?"

(Y/N) looked conflicted as she gazed down and found all the soldiers glaring at the huge titan, "I don't know if there's anything that will convince them at this rate."

"What exactly happened?" Armin asked, "I don't remember anything."

"Eren protected us. . . I don't know how. . . but that's all we need to know," Mikasa replied plainly and opened her mouth to say something once again but someone ran towards them.

"Eren," (Y/N) greeted the turquoise eyed boy who greeted them back. "A-are you guys alright?" He asked.

"Eren! What is this?" Armin asked.

"I don't know, but it's going to vaporize soon," the said boy replied, pulling out a necklace. He then began talking about the necklace that his father gave him and the basement, which he believed held the secret to defeating the titans.

"The smoke's clearing, prepare yourselves!" A soldier yells, making the four realize that they needed to come up with a good plan. Eren planned that he was going to use his Titan powers and run away but Mikasa wanted to come with him. They started arguing about Eren's faulty plan, which wasted time and effort.

"My second plan is up to you Armin," Eren said as he looked the blonde male right in the eye, "This might sound crazy but if you can prove to the Garrison that I don't pose a threat, we might have a chance. If you tell me you can't, I'll go with my first plan and I won't hold anything against you."

Armin hesitated, wondering if he could pull it off. (Y/N), who noticed this — and has watched the abime before — put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm certain that you can do it, Armin. We trust in you," she said, "You've always had a way with words and maybe it's because of the books you read but you know, you can do this."

He grit his teeth, stood up, and turned. He dropped his swords and ran towards the smoke. "You've finally shown yourself, monster!" The captain yelled.

"Eren is not a threat to humankind!" Armin yelled, "He is willing to share everything he knows with you."

"How did you know about the books?" Mikasa whispered, turning to (Y/N), "I don't remember him talking about the books after the titans broke through."

"I'll explain everything later," (Y/N) replied, "I just want you guys to trust me on everything and not throw me towards the titans like a certain someone did."

Eren flinched and opened his mouth to apologize but (Y/N) shook her head. "If I was you, I would have done the same thing," she reassured, "But right now, you stood up for me and didn't let me go. I guess that means you trust me now, right?"

"I do," he replied, holding out his pinky finger, "You promise to tell us everything, unlike the last time?"

"I promise to tell you everything," (Y/N) repeated with a smile as she entertained her pinky finger with his.

"Can't you see the amazing salute this soldier is giving you?" A bald man, General Pixis, said, "I just got here after learning the situation. I think you should go worry about the reinforcements. I will listen to what they have to say."

There was an audible sigh of relief from both Mikasa and Eren, who stared at each other and smiled. Armin dropped to his knees, panting.

"Thank God," Armin mumbled and Eren nodded.

"This isn't over yet, cadets," General Pixis said, "Stand up! You still have to tell me everything on the way to the wall."

"Sir yes sir!"

Pax Vobiscum,
Yuki078