Chapter 3

Serenity's Mom POV

Many of you may think I'm a bad mom because my kids are starving and have barely anything to wear, but I gotta look out for myself first... Hell I didn't ask them to be born.

The reason I treat Serenity the way I do is because it was her and her brothers that ran their father off and I will forever hate them for that.

Speaking of my hoe ass excuse of a daughter she hasn't come home yet and it's almost 9:00 I got something for her ass when she get here.

I'm a bad ass bitch to be 36 I always have the latest clothing and newest hair styles, that's probably why my kids are starving but Tevin and Kevin (Serenity twin brothers) is 18 and seniors it's time for them to get the hell up out of my house.

I haven't always treated my kids the way I do, but ever since their father left me 3 years ago, I just can't handle even trying to love them they remind me of him to much.

** Serenity POV**

It's starting to get late Dre' you really need to take me home. "Okay ma" ever since he found me on the street we been talking about our life and how we grew up.

I learned that he's 22 and one of the biggest drug lords in Pennsylvania and both his parents are doctors. You would think coming from a family like that he wouldn't be like he is but who am I to judge? I barely have anything.

The ride to my house was silent but it was a comfortable silence. He broke the silence by asking me on a date for Friday, of course i hesitated at first because he is a grown man and I'm still 17 but I agreed to it.

Once I got home i saw my mom car in the driveway normally she be at work so now I know I'm probably gonna get in trouble.

Dre' gave me a kiss on the cheek then drove off, I walked in the house and my mom was sitting on the couch waiting for me.... where were my brothers when I needed them?

"Where have you been ?" She asked in a calm tone, almost to calm. Umm at the library,.. "You lying ass bitch, don't no library stay open this damn late" Mom I'm not lying *smack*

I held my face as I felt the rising sting in my cheek. She just stared at me then started punching me.

"You hoe ass bitch" she said as she kept punching me , I fell to the ground and cried she walked alway and I heard her say I would never be nothing.

I got up and went to my room, times like this I wish i had a bed this floor is cold and im in pain. I eventually drifted off to sleep.

** Dre' POV**

After I dropped shorty off I went to my crib to just chill and rolled up a fat blunt.

Man ole girl got me thinking about her and I barely know her , something about her is different then the rest of these females... I could tell by the way she dress that she don't have money so I plan to take her shopping Friday for a first date.

She was telling me how when she turn 18 she gone try to get out of her momma crib cause of the way she treat her.

It makes my blood boil just thinking about somebody disrespecting her, but I don't even know why I'm tripping she not even mine.... YET