• Chapter 3 •

Aditya halted the car in front of his house, with a screech. He had never been this reckless with driving or anything at all, really but he had already crossed so many boundaries the night before that this didn't seem like a big deal.

He took a deep breath and placed his arms on the steering wheel while crossing them one over the other, as he rested his forehead in between.

Least to say, it had been a very stressful day. With waking up to a realisation that he had cheated on his wife, to hiding the used condom as he tried to act normal in front of the oblivious wife and being an absolute failure at his work that day, he just wanted the day to end. But even if the day ended, facts wouldn't change, what he had done would still be reality and it troubled him that every single day from then on, would be nothing but him trying to cope up with his own self.

On the work front, he had decided to not let this interfere with his professionalism and was absolutely prepared to have just another day as a pilot. But alas, only if things were that easy.  Aditya had been so distracted the whole time, he hadn't greeted anyone, missed a meeting with the head pilot and also completely blanked out when he was being explained the route to his destination. It would've been an easy flight if it were another day because he had travelled the same route multiple times, but today, he acted like a kid lost at a fare. The staff and everybody around him was surprised and Aditya decided to just chuck it and head home, which wasn't easy for him either but it was better than staying idle at the airport since nobody could trust him with life of so many people in his current state.

It was like Aditya was walking on this narrow bridge, where either side he fell, he would end up in hell.

He chose the option where he would at least get a chance to salvage his wrong by making it up to his wife, even though he knew there was nothing he could really do to make up for what he had done.

Still, he tried. He straightened himself and got out of the car, locked it and walked straight into the house. He only had one thought in his mind,

Pooja is my wife and I owe all my time, attention and love only to her.

His mind constantly stressed at the word only, trying to forget the women who had given him a night of please and a lifetime of guilt.

"Pooja?" Aditya called out his wife's name as she was nowhere to be seen the house. He looked in the kitchen and the living room, where he would usually find her. He continued his search while calling out her name a couple more times as he walked towards his bedroom.

He held the handle of the door as he opened it and looked around, "Poo-" and his voice froze. He saw a candle lit room with Pooja sitting in a rather... let's just say it wasn't her usual pose. She sat there, on his bed, in a black satin nightdress. Aditya quickly figured out what she was trying to do.

Still, he asked. "Pooja, what do you think you're doing in the middle of the week and in the middle of the day?"

As if they had done anything even on the weekends or any night in general since the last 6 months. Aditya almost wanted to facepalm himself.

Pooja listened to his question and got up from the bed slowly continuing her trajectory by walked towards him.

"I wasn't there for our anniversary, this is my way of making it up to you."