• Chapter 4(B) •

Somehow, almost tripping at every step they took, Aditya managed to support Zoya till the guest bedroom.

"Here you go, your Highness. Our 'safar' ends here." Aditya said as he removed his hand from Zoya's back and also removed the arms that had she circled around his neck. He noticed Zoya almost frown and thought she looked adorable doing that.

"Okay... Goodnight, I guess." Zoya's frown didn't leave her face and she ran a hand through her hair, loosening her locks out and removed her dupatta from her neck, getting ready to sleep.

Aditya noticed the neckline of her suit an also something else, that he definitely shouldn't have been noticing. He stopped himself from fixating his gaze on her shapely upper half. Deliberately shifting his gaze, he said, "That's my cue to leave. Goodnight." He rushed out the door as fast he could, his hurried steps reflecting the speed of his spinning thoughts about what had just happened. He got to his room, which was right across the hallway and shut the door, trying to also shut the door to his inappropriate thoughts.

Zoya, on the other hand, was trying to fall asleep, fidgeting with the blanket. She turned over about a hundred times but sleep seemed to have become foes with her. The feeling of being alone was probably keeping the sleep away as the empty space on the other side of the bed kept haunting her. She tried to turn away but she was so used to having someone by her side when she slept in the dark that it made her uncomfortable to even try to sleep like that. Other days, she would've managed but with her reasoning abilities being cut down by half, thanks to the liquor in her system and the feeling of being abandoned, thanks to Yash, were both making it impossible to be alone that night. Knowing the fact that Aditya, her new found companion in sadness, was sleeping right across the hallway made it even harder.

She changed her position, once, twice, thrice and finally gave up. In an instant, she pushed the blanket away, stood up and picked her dupatta off the ground. With half opened eyes, she waltzed right out the room.

Aditya didn't have the energy to change his uniform, he had removed his shoes, but lied down on his bed as it is. He closed his eyes as he rested his head, on the pillow. The thoughts he was running from, finally seemed to fade away but alas, he heard the door open.

"Zoya?" He asked confused, as he opened his eyes and saw her standing angrily at the doorstep.

"You left me there and now I can't sleep. Let me tell you that this is not my fault, it is entirely your fault. You can't have me gulp down margaritas and listen to my sad story and then, just expect me to sleep like nothing happened!" Zoya rambled on, irritated, because she wanted the sleep that was nearing her when she had her head on his shoulder, back.

Aditya had gotten up and stood right in front of her when she was giving her childish speech. "But I thought you were sleepy." He asked, confused.

Now how could Zoya explain to him that her sleepy state seemed to have vanished as soon as her head lifted off his shoulder?

"I... don't like sleeping alone." She said, looking downwards.

"But you're not alone." Zoya looked up at him as he heard him say that. She saw an earnest concern in his eyes and she hadn't so taken care off, in a very long time. She was overwhelmed in that moment and couldn't find words to tell him what she was going through. She wanted to tell him that without him, she wouldn't have made it through the night without having an absolute emotional breakdown, that he had supported her in a time of utter loneliness and that he didn't have to do any of this and she was thankful, that he did.

Instead, she stepped closer to him and trailed her hands around his torso, going behind his back and resting her head on his chest, hugging him.

Aditya was taken aback for a split second but he couldn't deny the sheer comfort he felt in her embrace. He didn't know what to do but it seemed like his hands did, as they reciprocated the hug. His arms were wrapped around her body and he felt almost soothed, being so close to her. He rested his chin on her head and closed her eyes before he heard a muffled whisper of hers saying, "thank you."