• Chapter 7 •

“Oh… Zoya never mentioned you. Where is she? Is she okay?”

Aditya didn’t know what to tell him. On one hand, he was holding an unconscious Zoya close to his chest and on the other, he had to tell her father of her condition.

“She seemed extremely exhausted when I met her and soon after, she fainted mid conversation.” He heard a gasp on the other side of the phone and tried to control the situation immediately. “But I’m here with her, she isn’t hurt or anything and I’ll still take her to the hospital.” In his most sincere voice he said, “Please sir, don’t worry. She’ll be fine.”

There was a brief moment of silence on the line and then Wasim said, “I called to tell her that the driver has reached the airport. Meet him outside and bring Zoya home. I’ll call the doctor here itself.”

“Yes, sure.” With that, the call was disconnected. Aditya looked down at Zoya, who was resting her head on his shoulder. He lightly stroked the back of her head once, taking a deep breath and hoping that she’s fine. He tried to reassure her father but he wanted reassurance himself.

He, then put one arm of hers around his shoulder and picked her up. Aditya felt her face so close to his neck, he could even feel her breath. The familiar feeling of having her so close and carrying her in his arms like this made him remember the night when he had carried exactly like except he carried her to his bed and well… the rest is history. He shook off the thought quickly and signalled one of the guards around to take care of Zoya’s luggage. He walked outside to the exit gate like that to find the driver.
_____

After Aditya carefully lay her in the backseat of her car, he sat down on the seat with her head in his lap. He gently fixed her hair falling on her face as the driver finished placing her luggage in the hood. Soon after, the car started and the driver took the two of them to Zoya’s house.

It was a pretty long drive, and even though he enjoyed the beautiful views for a bit, Aditya had been a little tired after the morning flight so he took a nap too. The drive, thus, went by fairly quickly and it was weird how calm he felt while he slept… maybe it was the feeling of having Zoya around as he held on to her by her arm as she remained unconscious. He had been quite restless while sleeping in the last couple of weeks because everytime he used the same bed to sleep with Pooja, as the one he cheated her on... it seemed impossible to do away the ruefulness.

When the car stopped in front a big bungalow and the car came to jerking halt, he realised they had reached. The driver quickly got down to get the luggage and took it inside. Aditya carefully lifted Zoya’s head from his lap, resting it on the seat. He got out of the car and then proceeded to pick her up wrapping one arm of hers around his neck again. His one arm was enwrapped around her waist and the other supported the pits of her knees. He looked down at her once and had to stop himself from being caught up in how close their faces were in that moment. He looked away quickly, heading straight into the house.

The house was just as beautiful from the inside as it was outside. Outside, it had a big lawn a white brick along with wooden accents and roof. Inside, there were high ceiling, decorative embellishments with wooden furniture and vintage adornments on the walls. Aditya had no idea that Zoya was actually pretty rich, not that it mattered but she was just so simple in her way of dressing and carrying herself every time he had seen her… it never occurred to him that him that she had grown up with such luxury. He didn’t know Zoya after all.

As he stepped further inside into the living room, he saw a visible tensed man in a white kurta and a blue Nehru jacket get up with a sigh of relief. Aditya figured that this was Zoya’s father.