• Chapter 5 •

The next couple of days after regaining the memory of that fateful night went by painfully slow. Every moment that Aditya spent with Pooja, he had a sword of guilt hanging above his head. There was nothing he could do to change it and he hadn't gathered the courage to tell her.

"Aditya, what do you think?"

Pooja asked Aditya, forcing him to get out of his head. They were standing in the middle of the beautiful hall that was going to be the venue of Pooja's exhibition that night. She had been working hard for this moment and she wanted everything to be perfect, instead of another fiasco like what had happened in Goa. Aditya knew all of this and he wanted to be there for her despite of what had happened the other night.

Pooja didn't bring it up again and he knew it must've hurt thinking that her own husband didn't want to be intimate with her. It was just a conversation that had to happen, but he was pretty sure Pooja was dreading it just as much as he was.

"It's great. You're really talented and I'm sure everyone with eyes can see that." He said, as he circle his arms around her waist from behind.

All Aditya wanted, was for everything to go back to normal but he knew his situation was the farthest thing from that.

______________

Zoya was experiencing a similar situation. On one hand, the issues inside of her marriage were already so hard to deal with and now the mistake that she had committed was haunting her so much, it felt like everything was going to fell apart.

She had been noticing the distance between her and Yash. There was an emotional distance and there was also physical distance. She didn't expect them to be romantic after the fight but even when Yash didn't know about what she had done, he slept noticeably away from her.

"Yash, is there something we should talk about?"...aside from the fact that she had slept with another man. When she asked this question a couple of days ago, she wanted to know if he wanted to address the internal issues of their marriage. She obviously had a big confession to make but she wasn't ready. So, Zoya thought that the right thing to do would be to address the problems within her relationship that she could hopefully solve.

But Yash, like always, pretended like everything is okay and continued to act aloof.

Remembering that little talk, on the day that she had to go to Pooja's exhibition really stressed her. It was like a big heap of problems and Zoya had no idea how to overcome it without completely emotionally draining herself.

She really didn't want to go the exhibition. She tried to make excuses on the phone but Pooja was really ardent and she insisted that she wanted to make up for leaving Zoya unattended by not being there at the anniversary party. As much as Zoya hated it, she wasn't left unattended... Aditya had "attended" her in a way that Pooja would definitely not approve of. So, in order to get Pooja to stop mentioning the night, Zoya agreed.

But now, here she was. Getting ready in a simple net blush pink saree, getting ready to look Pooja eye to eye despite of knowing that what her drunk-self had done could ruin Pooja's life. As Zoya draped the saree over her stomach, the memory of Aditya kissing her same stomach and going down slowly from there flashed across her eyes. His hands massaging the roundness of her bust and his lips continuing their downward trail. She turned away from the mirror, trying to get a grip of the sudden rush of emotions, as some of them would make her want to moan.