Chapter 1: Meeting The Gems

((Y/N)'s P.O.V.)

Music... Yep. That's right. I need it. Nothing fills the loneliness better than some good tunes in your ears. I've received some weird looks walking down the beach's pier. Probably because of my sword which I hold onto my left side. But I don't care...

The city looked as beautiful as ever today. The sun slowly went down the horizon while it glitters the ocean. I have a feeling that something will finally happen...

The earth quaked as something approached me, something big. There was a kid with a red shirt and a star on it running away from said big "thing".

Kid: "RUUUUUUUUN!!!"

I chuckled to myself and slid my sword out doing a fighting stance. The kid didn't see this because he's already ran past me. I took a breath and sprinted forward, appearing behind the creature that was following the kid. I sheath my sword and slowly walk away, while the creature was cut in half turning into some kind of crystal or gem. I don't even know what it was but I killed it.

Kid: "Hey!" He ran to me. "H-How did you do that?"

(Y/N): "Well...this thing is called a sword. And it's really really sharp." I said in a sarcastic way. I really don't wanna talk right now.

The kid appeared in front of me again.

Kid: "I'm serious!!!..." "My name's Steven by the way." He held out his hand expecting me to answer.

(Y/N): "(Y/N)..." I shook his hand.

He looked at me with this weird look. Are those stars in his eyes?

Steven: "You still didn't answer my question though..."

(Y/N): "Well, it's kind of a long story and I really don't want to talk about it. At least for now."

Steven: "Hmm... Okay."

Steven went to this thing that appeared when the creature was sliced in half by me and formed a pink bubble around it and it was gone.

(Y/N): "Ok, now you gotta tell me how YOU did that." I said in awe.

We both laughed before we got serious again.

Steven: "Are you new in Beach City because I've never seen you around here?"

(Y/N): "I've been here for a month now, but I don't have a house or something. I really don't need one to be honest."

Steven: "Everyone needs to have a house or at least something similar to that."

(Y/N): "That life Is behind me. I just need a place to relax that's all. Beach City has those places everywhere which is part of why I love it here. Now if you excuse me, I want to walk down the beach."

Steven: "I'll join you. I have to go that way anyways."

I nod and we began to walk around the beach. As we walked around the hill I always sit on to look at the City, I saw something big in the distance. I got nearer and noticed that this "big" thing is a statue.

(Y/N): "Woah..."

Getting closer, some kind of small house revealed itself in one pair of the statue's hands. Yes... only "one pair".

(Y/N): "Umm Steven? Do you live in that house?"

Steven: "Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you." He said laughing. "This is the temple..."

(Y/N): "Must be lonely living on your own here."

Steven: "I don't. I live with the Gems here."

(Y/N): "Gems?"

Steven: "Come on, (Y/N). I'll introduce you to them." He said and took my hand. Even started running all of a sudden.

I guess now comes the excitement of meeting some new faces. Of course if those "Gems" really have faces. Let's hope he's not crazy or something.

We reached the stairs and he finally let go of my hand so that I could walk on my own. He, of course, was already at the top of the stairs.

Steven: "Come on, (Y/N). Already out of breath?" He said, fists at his waist.

(Y/N): "Just a sec." Ugh--...

I reached the top and swung the door open. He ordered me to come in and I obliged. As I walked in I see a, from what I could tell, big, tall woman with an afro and dark red skin colour along with silver shades, sitting on a couch. She looked at me.

Steven: "Hey Garnet! This is (Y/N)! He uhh... kinda saved me" He said awkwardly.

The tall woman stood up and walked towards me, menacingly. I gulped a bit preparing to get a punch to the face. I touched the end of my still sheathed sword but was caught by surprise when she held her hand out.

Garnet: "Thank you so much for saving Steven. A friend of his is a friend of mine." she said in a british accent.

(Y/N): "Glad I could help." Still sounding intimidated by her but I shook her hand nevertheless.

I turned my body to look around in this beautiful home. But the admiration was about to be interrupted. Something was standing right in front of me. She was rather small and umm... purple looking with long hair and looked at me, grinning hardcore.

(Y/N): "Ummm... Is everything okay?" I said waving a hand in front of her face.

Steven: "(Y/N), this is Amethyst. Amethyst, this is (Y/N)" He said with a hand slapping on his forehead.

Amethyst: "Hi..." She immediately stretched out her arm, still grinning like hell.

(Y/N): "H-Hey..." I shook her hand and walked away slowly...

Steven (still looking at the scene): "Okay then..." "Anyways, you still have Pearl to meet. She must be here any moment. I bet you'll like her" He said with a smile on his face.

It was at this moment the door, I saw, with a star on it, opened. She was so in her thoughts and looked down, literally.

??? (mumbling): So what if I just go to..."

 She didn't even see the massive "plate" in front of her which made her trip.