Chapter 3: Alone Time

((Y/N)'s P.O.V.)

I was so touched by his care for me. I just felt this feeling I never actually had. I guess after all this loneliness I deserve a little care. I never met my parents anyways.

We walked up the stairs and as we walked in, the people I met were just standing at the same spot they did when I left. Weird heh. I like it.

Garnet: "Welcome to the temple, (Y/N)."

Amethyst: " WELCOME! " she screamed, turning into a sign that says, well... "welcome" but Instead of an "O" her face was there.

I laughed hysterically at this as well as Steven.

Pearl: "Like they said... Welcome..." she said, touching her arm shyly.

Steven: "Well do you want something to eat, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): "Sure..."

Steven ran to the fridge and showed me all kinds of food that he had. We eventually decided on Hot Dogs.

Amethyst: "Good choice." We hear her say from behind.

After we were done eating we all gathered around the table.

Steven: "Can I tell them what you "have"?"

Garnet: "What he has?"

(Y/N): "Yeah, sure. Why not?"

Steven: "Okay. Well I wanted to ask (Y/N) if he would move in with us and then suddenly he took his shirt off for exercise. As he did this I saw a tourmaline gem on his back."

Everyone looked at me with a surprised look.

Steven: "As I was saying... he pulled the sword he is wearing right now out of his gem. So that's his weapon. And I guess the gem also explains why he is so fast."

Everyone looked like they had questions for me. I noticed that and looked at them.

(Y/N): "Go ahead. Ask me."

Garnet: "How did you get that gem?"

(Y/N): "I don't know. I had this since my birth."

Amethyst: "Well how did you know about your powers then?"

(Y/N):" When I was a little boy I was on my own and I grew up in an area that was really dangerous. I remember when I first encountered a group of guys who were going to rob me and threatened me. Right when they got closer I felt something on my back coming out. I was in danger so my mind just went blank. I just grabbed the sword and yeah... I won..." "Does that answer your question?"

Amethyst just nodded.

(Y/N): "Any more?"

Pearl: "Don't you have any parents? No offense." She said.

(Y/N): "None taken. Yeah, well no. It's complicated. I remember just living in an orphanage and I actually never met my parents. All the kids there were scared of me and I never understood why. It was really hard. But then I escaped and you know the rest."

Steven: "That's it. No more questions for today. Don't wanna overstress him."

(Y/N): "It's okay Steven. "

A few seconds passed...

Pearl: "So, (Y/N). We are all happy that you now live here and that you answered our questions but there are rules we have here--..."

(No-One's P.O.V.)

Pearl told him the rules of the temple. In fact, it took so long; the two of them were the only ones left. Steven was in his bed. Amethyst and Garnet disappeared in their rooms. But (Y/N) seemed to enjoy listening to Pearl.

Pearl: "...So that's the rules. Any questions?"

(Y/N): "Yeah... What is this thing on your forehead?"

Pearl: "Oh this? " (Y/N) nods. "This is my gem." She pulled out a beautiful looking spear out of the gem. "And this is my weapon."

(Y/N) looked at her in amazement. A loud yawn emerged from (Y/N)'s mouth.

(Y/N): "Thank you for answering my question, Pearl. But I need to get to sleep now."

Pearl: "Of course."

Both: "Goodnight."

Realizing what they did, both blushed and chuckled at the same time. (Y/N) walked to the couch and Pearl walked to her room.

((Y/N)'s P.O.V.)

I looked at the ceiling and slowly closed my eyes. I was sound asleep and dreamed about different things. It really was just a blur to be honest. Just a mixture of people screaming and freakish lights, the usual...

Suddenly I hear a loud bang as if a plate fell down. I awoke only to see none other than Pearl looking at me in a scared position.

(Y/N): " What the hell are you doing here? "

Pearl: " I uhh--- I just--- like to watch humans sleep sometimes. " "And by sometimes I mean often." She blushed at that.

I didn't know how to respond to that. I had a mixture of feelings. I was creeped out and felt safe at the same time.

(Y/N): "Why don't you just sleep?"

Pearl: "Gems don't need to sleep..."

(Y/N): "Well... if you really need to do it then wait until I'm asleep and don't do anything to me. And most important of all: Don't wake me up."

Pearl: "Umm. okay I p-promise."

Pearl walked to her room and I drifted back to sleep again.