Chapter 12: The Surprise

((Y/N)'s P.O.V.)

Lena: "I'm Lena Davis..."

(Y/N): "Lena..."

It is her... I didn't waste a second and hugged her real tight. She hugged me back. Both of us tears in our eyes.

Lena: "Where were you when I needed you the most?" She said, still sobbing.

(Y/N): "I was knocked unconscious and suffered from memory loss. I couldn't remember anything Lena... I'm sorry..."

Lena: "I thought you left me..."

(Y/N): "I would never..."

We separated from each other. I looked at Pearl, who had tears in her eyes too.

(Y/N): "Oh. Yeah. Lena, this is my girlfriend Pearl. Pearl, this is Lena."

They both shook their hands with a smile on their faces.

Pearl: "A pleasure to meet you."

Lena: "The pleasure is all mine."

(Y/N): "So how did you survive the... you know?"

Lena: "The wha--? Oh yeah. Well I waited for you to come back after I woke up. But you never came. Months have passed and I still laid in that stupid bed. One day the doctors came into my room and told me what was about to happen..."

(Y/N): "Go on..."

Lena: "I spare you the details but to summarize it: "he" put up a hell of a fight." She pointed to her scar on her head.

(Y/N): "It looks really cool to be honest."

Lena: "Don't make me laugh, (Y/N)." She chuckled.

(Y/N): "You know me." "Why are you even here?"

Lena: "I was just here to pick up the kid from a friend of mine because she had to work late." A kid ran up to her with a sheet of paper in his hand. There were two stick figures on it holding hands, one being taller than the other, and a rainbow in the background.

Kid: "I drew you and me, Lena. Look!"

Lena: "That looks great, Billy. Is it for me?"

Billy just nodded and handed her the picture he drew and walked away afterwards.

(Y/N): "You seem to get along with kids just fine. I could never do that."

Pearl: "Yeah, me neither. It's already hard to take care of one."

Lena: "Oh. So you guys have a kid together?"

Pearl and (Y/N): "Oh Noooo NoNo. Nonono. No."

Lena: "I'll take that as a "no" then."

(Y/N): "I don't remember having a kindergarten in the orphanage. Is it new?"

Lena: "Yeah. Turned out they had too much room left. I think it was a great idea."

(Y/N): "I think so too." "Sooo... I'd like to show you my home. Of course if you want."

Pearl: "Uh (Y/N)? Can we talk for a moment?"

(Y/N): "Sure."

We walked away from Lena.

(Y/N): "What is it, Pearl?"

Pearl: "Can we take a day off today?"

(Y/N): "What do you mean "a day off"?"

Pearl: "As in. Just us two? Hmm?" she took both of my hands.

(Y/N): "Oh. I see. Sure I can tell her."

Pearl: "Thank you." She said in a happy tone and kissed me on my cheek.