Chapter 9: The Barn

(Pearl's P.O.V.)

It's been one week already since he confessed to me and I couldn't be happier. We spent a lot of time together since then. We occasionally went for a walk in the woods and just admired the nature. He really seemed fond with the nature and by that I mean REALLY. A squirrel ate from his hand and one time a eagle landed on his shoulder. Wasn't there a fairy tale or something about that?

Anyways... A Homeworld Gem named Peridot appeared and caused a lot of havoc around here but we managed to stop her and bubble her. But Steven of course unbubbled her to speak with her and long story short, she lives in our bathroom right now.

She talked about a "cluster" or something like that but since she won't come out we got to look at it ourselves. We left Steven alone with Peridot while Garnet, Amethyst, (Y/N) and me will investigate the thing she talked about.

(Timeskip at the barn with Lapis and Peridot)

((Y/N)'s P.O.V.)

What happened? Well... Peridot helped us "defeat" the cluster but in the end Steven did. Lapis and Peridot live in the barn now and are trying to get along with each other.

After a couple of weeks Steven and I decided to give them a surprise visit.

(Y/N): "Heya you two!"

Lapis: "Oh hey (Y/N) and Steven." She flew down from... A car? What the heck...

Steven: "Hi. I see you're slowly getting acquainted with each other?"

Lapis: "I guess so. Slow and steady."

Peridot: "STEVEN! COME OVER HERE! I NEED YOU HERE! JUST YOU! STEVEN! NOT HIM! JUST YOU!" That's the most suspicious one can be, but we followed her orders.

Steven walked around the barn, leaving me with Lapis alone.

Lapis: "Soooo... How are things with Pearl?"

(Y/N): "Pretty good. Couldn't be better actually. Thanks for asking." Could this conversation get any more awkward?

She looks away.

Lapis: "Th-That's great for you." She says, rubbing her shoulder.

...

(Y/N): "What about you? How is life here on the barn?"

Lapis: "It's great and all but I'm still getting used to it. Peridot actually helps me a lot."

Peridot was heard in the back of the barn.

Peridot: "WOULD YOU PLEASE COME AND HELP, THE (Y/N)! STEVEN BROKE HIS ARM!"

Wait what? How did he? I have to get there this instant. I teleported to them and only saw a giggling Steven around the corner, unharmed.

(Y/N): "Peridot. Don't ever lie to me like that. You scared the duck out of me!"

Peridot: "Whaaaa--?" After several seconds she spoke up again. "Oh. SURPRISE!"

I looked around and saw multiple scarecrows scattered and placed everywhere. They all had different outfits on and all of them were painted differently.

Peridot: "It's a training field! Isn't it great? Now you can train your skills against those EVIL scarecrows! And I will keep on advancing it if you like."

Lapis appeared around the corner, looked around and did the infamous snort laugh. It's so adorable...

Peridot looked down as she heard her.

(Y/N): "Aww thank you, Peri. I love it. The only thing I have to watch out for is not using my sword against them or I'll destroy them easily." I picked her up and hugged her.