Chapter 12: Gamera Tells his Origin story

Gamera POV

I was walking through the streets, exploring the neighborhood. This is the first time I was able to walk among humans without damaging buildings. And humans running away in fear. Sure now I'm getting the occasional curious look. But I don't mind. I was enjoying the breeze. Finding a large grassy area, which I heard was called a park, I settle myself on one of the large rocks. Closing my eyes, I cross my legs and sit in a pose called meditating. Breathing in and out, I feel mana slowly flow around everything around. It's useful for detecting approaching objects. I stay like this for about an hour, before I feel something tap my carapace. Opening my eyes and turning my head, I see a trio of children. One is a young boy with black, shoulder length hair. He has blue eyes and is wearing blue shorts and an orange shirt. The other two are girls. One has a lower body of a snake. A lamia. The other has the lower half of a spider, who's exoskeleton was pink. They are staring at me curiously.

"Who are you, young ones?"

The boy raises a chipped wooden sword.

"I'm Captain Hiro of the Liminal and Human Cooperation brigade!"

"I'm Lima. Co-Chief." Piped the lamia.

"I-I-I'm Lili, Nurse."

"Pleased to meet you three. I am Gamera, Guardian of the Earth and Guardian of Water and part of the kaiju alliance called the Earth defenders."

"Wwhhhoooaaa!! So your one of the limi... limi... liminals that came from another world! Is it true you have a goddess on your side?"

"Yes. She is Mothra. She is the one with butterfly wings."

"Ooooooooo! Is true that your leader is so powerful that he's called the king of the monsters?"

"Yes. Although I hate to admit it, Gojira is the strongest being I have ever faced."

"Cooooollll! I have one more question."

"Yes?"

"How old are you? And where do you come from?"

"I am very old. As old as the myths of Atlantis. In fact, it was Atlantis that created me."

"Woooww! What for?"

"Atlantean scientists had discovered that they could create life with an ethereal energy, called mana, which flows through everything. The higher status you have in the world, the more mana you have. Since I hold the worlds fate in my hands, my mana levels are off the charts. The Atlanteans first created bat like monsters called the Gyaos. These creatures were asexual, meaning they didn't have to mate in order to make babies. The Gyaos soon turned against their creators, and, as a last ditch effort, they created me. Gamera. A defender. Although Atlantis was destroyed, I destroyed a large amount of the Gyaos. But some eggs managed to survive. They hatched once mana levels fell."

"Why did they fall?"

"Because. Of. One. Evil. Monster. Bagan. The God of Extinction. Once a Guardian, like me, but he turned his back on the Earth. He wants nothing more than to obliterate all life on Earth. The Divine Moths sealed him away, deep within the Himalayas. Not without nearly all of them being wiped out, except for two. Battra and my friends many times great grandmother, Mothra. He has woken up once, only to be defeated at the hands of Super Godzilla. I fear his essence wasn't destroyed. That he's still out there somewhere."

"Oh. What happened to..."

"Hiro! Lima! Lili! Time to go!"

"Coming Mom! Bye mister Gamera!"

With that, the little group of children ran off. I smiled gently, then went back to meditating. This had been an interesting day. I stayed like this for a few hours, before deciding to head home.

No POV

"Where am I?"

From the shadows of an abandoned alleyway, steps a tall man. He looks human, except that from his elbow down, he has large, three fingered claws. His left shoulder had a large cannon, mutated and fused with his flesh. The mans legs were long, but they were more like dinosaurs legs. He started to walk slowly forward stumbling slightly in his new form. Suddenly, he stopped. What was his name? Oh yeah.

Orga.