My Confession

Jerik POV

Running into the car to see my mom and brothers looking confused until they see her bleeding and passed out. Feeling her body now become cold I panic hopping into the car with her in my hands, her blood seeps into my hands, Lile hops in as well and my mother steps on it. Racing to the hospital I keep checking her pulse, feeling it so weak against my fingers.

            “Mom we are losing her, please don’t let her die.” Pleading to my mother I feel the tears flowing down my cheek, she looks so happy and peaceful the first time since three months. She is just so beautiful but the blood wont stop flowing and I don’t know how to make it stop. She is carrying a child and now she is dying.

            “Why do you care about her? Ever since you met her you said she was annoying stuck up priss and now you are worried for her? You are taking my place she is my girl friend!” Lile screams to me with tears flowing down his own face.

            “She is not your girlfriend! You two are over!” Screaming to him my mother pulls into the emergency side of the hospital, without her pulling into a complete stop I race from the car into the hospital where doctors surround me taking her from me. She really is the love of my life, I love her so much I just cant contain it. I cant live without her, she is my world. She is whisked away and I can hardly feel my legs anymore as the tears flow faster and harder down my face. Nurses usher me to a chair and I begin panting feeling my heart race faster and faster.

            “Sir? Sir are you alright?” The nurse asks and my family follows in panting and looking frantic. Looking up to the nurse with tear stricken eyes I just throw my head down ashamed and hurt. “Would you like to wash your hands? Could you tell us what is going on? What happened to her?”

            “S-She was running in a field when we heard gunshots and when we found her she was shot, a farmer shot her.” I feel like my body is going to jump from my skin, so I begin to pace back and forth ripping at my hair tightly. She cant leave, I love her too much for her to go, and I love that baby even though she doesn’t and its her rapists.

            “Jerik you need to calm down okay? She will be just fine.” Derik says trying to calm me down, but what does he even know about women? He could never keep one! Shrugging him off I continue pacing back and forth, I just need to know how they are doing.

            “Sir she really is all fine, the bullet grazed her thigh, she is fine, the adrenaline and shock made her pass out along with the lack of food. We are starting up on some Vitamin IV’s and some nutrients for her and the baby. The baby is weak but they are doing just fine, you cant go and see her right now, not until tomorrow.” Hearing those words that she is alright makes me feel like I am going to pass out. She is all fine nothing is wrong with her at all she is going to be alright, along with her baby.

            My mother scoops me up in her arms letting me just sob into her shoulder, Ruby is going to be just fine. “Baby she is just fine.” My mother strokes my back coaxing my aching nerves. I cant loose her and never again, when the time is right I want to propose, because I love her.

Lile POV

            Watching Jerik being comforted by my mother pisses me off, she isn’t his! She is mine and I am going to be there for her because he knows nothing about her. Stomping over to my brother I rip him from my mother before punching him square in the face, but I made a huge mistake, he punches me right back but with more force than I have ever felt. My eye feels like it just caved in, stumbling back a few steps gripping my stinging eyes, soon security is called and they are escorting us from the hospital, before I could even hesitate they throw us out harshly making me stumble quite a bit.

            “What the hell?” Jerik screams to me shoving me back, I cant even comprehend what is going on right now, my mind is going crazy. Stumbling back a bit again his face looks so pained, but what hurts me harder is the love I see for her was more than I could ever see for Ruby, she is so perfect and wonderful and yet he knows just how to treat her like a princess. I could never do that, and he is right, she is no longer mine. I just cant hurt her again, and Jerik really needs her, she needs him more, I am not mature enough for her, I am not ready for a serious commitment and both of them deserve the best.

            “J-Jerik, you need her….You deserve her…I am done fighting for something that will never return.” Slowly backing away I head back to the car leaving Jerik there. The tears stream down my face in frustration that I just am giving here away, but I need to try to get over her, because she wont ever come back to me. I lost her, I pushed her away, if I would have stayed with her none of this would have happened!

Ruby POV

            Feeling that my body was asleep I wake up feeling the sharp sting to my left thigh. Hissing looking around this dark hospital room I find the red hospital call room waiting impatiently for someone to come. I don’t like the dark and I most certainly do not like being in here alone. Pressing it more frantically a nurse comes running in to my aid, feeling my nerves calm down slightly. “What is the matter? Are you alright?” She quickly checks my vitals when my leg hurts even worse.

            “My leg really hurts.” Gripping it while I hiss the nurse squeezes my leg just above the injury, it burns like acid. She squeezes my IV tighly making the medicine rush straight into my veins right into my body relaxing me slightly.

            “Okay anything else do you need?” She weakly smiles before turning to leave but I quickly stop her.

            “Could you please send someone in? I don’t like being in here alone.” Looking back down to my stomach I feel so weak.

            “Yes, and if you are wondering your baby is just fine.” She smiles before leaving the room turning the lights back on. The room is very cold and lonely, the ticking of the small clock makes me feel like life is just dragging on in loneliness but for some reason I feel slightly better, I don’t know why? The door shoves open revealing a frantic Jerik darting to my side gripping my hand for dear life.

            “Oh my God Ruby I thought you were dead! I thought you were going to leave us.” Tears falling down his face his warm lips on my cold hand. For some reason his company is soothing making me feel so protected. For some reason my hand trails to his scruffy hair toying with it before smiling happily, I feel so safe. “What are you doing?” He asks confused with a hint of excitement.

            “I am falling for you.”

______________________________

Hey guys last chapter until you comment and vote! I know you are out there.