Overcoming One's Weakness

A car pulled over at the very same, broken down warehouse it has been to so many times. The young leader got off the vehicle, stepping into the building with a nervous look on his face. Inside the haunting structure, the flickering lights were like pairs of judgmental eyes, staring in disappointment at him. Finally reaching his destination, Izuku sat down on the chair facing his Sensei.

Despite not having much of a face, Izuku could sense the anger coming from his teacher. Not an extreme amount of anger, but more like the amount you'd receive from a disappointed father. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why, either, Izuku had not only failed to capture Shigaraki, but had also acted selfishly and in doing so, let the man escape, caused one of their strongest and newest members to turn on them, and cost them 3 of their Nomus.

Once Izuku was done drinking away all of him problems, he was immediately called by Kurogiri, who claimed his Sensei wanted to see him, which brings us to the twos current situation.

"I'm not going to explain to you what you did wrong, as I know you should be smart enough to figure that out yourself, but I am still disappointed to did it." All For One started to scold.

Izuku, hearing this, lowered his head in shame.

"I had lots of hope in you, poured as much of my heart into you as I did with my previous student, hoping you two wouldn't turn out the same way. This was the last thing I was expecting from someone like you, Izuku." He continued.

Hearing this, Izuku wanted to lash out deep down. Comparing him to Shigaraki struck a pretty sensitive spot in his heart. But he knew he couldn't do that, because he trusted his sensei, he knew that what his Sensei was speaking was true. He just had a hard time accepting it.

"I'm sorry Sensei." Izuku replied, "I overheard that All Might was giving Todoroki his quirk, and that he was sorry for not helping someone who needed help. That revelation put me on edge, I had it on the back of my head, constantly fueling my rage. I didn't think straight, I made so many dumb decisions, I... I..."

"It's alright, my child." All For One responded, as Izuku stopped talking to listen.

"You may have acted foolishly, like Shigaraki does, but unlike him, you're still young, you are still green, unsure about your own emotions, and in times, you'll have stuff from the past coming back to haunt you, but have no real way of controlling yourself. All of this, the things you went through, it's all part of you slowly growing up. But if you can confront your past trauma, the same trauma who has been throwing you off for all this time, then I guarantee, you will become a perfect successor for my quirk."

Izuku smiled at his sensei's comforting words.

"Really? You really think that?" Asked the young student.

"Of course I do, but beware, it isn't easy overcoming such a hurdle. In fact, Shigaraki was once in this very same situation." Explained the Villain.

"He was?"

"Oh yes. You see, Shigaraki wasn't always the man-child you know him as. Back when he was your age, he was just as determined, and smart as you. He had amazing potential and was willing to do anything to get what he wanted. Sadly, he failed to overcome his hatred of All Might, and in doing so, slowly became impatient that his plans and tactics weren't enough to kill him. In the end, he ditched all of the brilliance he had because his hate for All Might and the pro heroes blinded him." All For One explained.

Izuku thought for a moment.

"So this whole time, Shigaraki was a fallen leader, stuck in the past due to his grudges and unable to move on until he was done fighting the past." He speculated.