Swords

When several minutes passed and she didn't follow after him, Pan poked his head back through the vines. "You're not going to make me drag you back, are you?" He quipped. Sarah shook her head to dislodge her noisome thoughts and walked towards the vines. No, she certainly did not want to be dragged back-especially not by Pan. Trying to regain a semblance of control in their interactions, she looked at him disdainfully.

"Do you expect me to believe you're actually going to walk back to camp?" She asked haughtily. "I don't think I've seen you travel more than two feet without teleporting since I got here." She sniffed. "I'm not entirely sure you even know how to use those legs of yours." Pan raised a brow at her snark.

"I assure you I know how to use all of my body parts." He remarked drily. He added sweetly, "Anytime you'd like to test them-" Sarah pushed past him with a growl and started along the ledge. He followed behind her with a biting laugh. She moved carefully along the narrow path, hackles raised, until they came to the ridge above the boulder wall. Here she paused, wanting him to move ahead-having him behind her made her nervous. "Something the matter, Sarah?" Pan asked blithely when he noticed she had stopped. He certainly hoped so.

"Other than your presence?" She asked bitingly. "Nothing at all." The boy king looked at her in mock disappointment.

"And here I enjoy our time together so much." Sarah snorted as he walked past her.

"I have an idea." She proffered. "What if you teleport back to camp like I know you're aching to, and I'll catch up with you later?" Much later, she added to herself. Pan turned casually to face her, walking backwards down the path with a grace she couldn't help but envy. He smirked.

"And miss out on this quality time together?" He asked lightly, shaking his head, "I'd never." Sarah scowled as he turned back around with a grin. She wondered briefly if she could catch him by surprise enough to push him over the side of the path – that would wipe his stupid grin off his stupid face. Better not to get close to him, she decided at last. For the moment, Pan seemed content that his mere presence was enough to aggravate her, and she relished some few peaceful minutes that passed as the two walked through the jungle. Well, as peaceful as any minutes could be in the presence of someone who might shift faces again at any moment.

For the time being however, she set to wondering again over the words of the pool. What was the dreamer, if Pan was one? The leader of the Lost Boys? The ruler of Neverland? Something else entirely? Frustrated with a puzzle she couldn't solve, she sighed. "Not getting tired are you?" Shoot, her sigh had recaptured his attention. He was walking backwards again, and she marveled at his ability to avoid the roots and vines without even looking at them. Or maybe the island simply routed itself out of his way. Who could really say?

"Of you?" She groused, "Always." Pan tsked.

"Careful Lost Girl," He teased. "I'd hate to have to punish you for disrespect." Sarah's face was deadpan, with the tone to match when she responded.

"Every minute I spend with you is punishment enough." He peered at her in mock confusion.

"Now that doesn't sound right." His voice oozed with sardonic innocence. "Your blush whenever I get close to you tells me otherwise." Sarah bristled as a flush crept over her face. Surely anyone would blush when someone was as close to her as he got! It was a natural reaction to having one's space intruded upon, regardless of the perpetrator. With a huff, she turned on her heels and stalked along a different path. She didn't have to stay here and put up with this. "Leaving so soon?" She growled as a familiar green tunic appeared before her. She sidestepped around him – only for him to appear before her once more. She threw her head up to meet his smirk with a fierce glare.