THE LONG DINNER

"Thank you but its not needed".

He sighed an okay. "I will have my lawyer sent you the revised copy and we can then begin the planning of how we are going to tell the media and our parents".

"I was thinking we can be seen going out with each other and then once you can be seen outside a jewelry store and then me with a ring and the rest can be continued from there". I looked at him after suggesting it.

He nodded his head "not bad, this might work we can have some dates and then I can give you ring and then it's all settled. Hmm"

"Okay how about we can have dinner somewhere and then next time I just have to be seen wearing a ring. Its fast and simple and this gives our parents enough time to except that we actually like each other".

He nodded. "That sounds about right. We can discuss the details later". "So I heard that you just closed the deal with the Langfords".

"I did. It was regarding the skyscraper that is going to be build there."

"You know that not only do I parents want us to marry but they also expect to merge our companies together. Right." He looked at me as though he thought I didn't know that.

"I know but it is not my company it's my father and what he does with it is not my business. I am just the CEO."

"So its true". "What?"

"What you just said". "Yeah. I thought Mr. Andrews knew that. I presume he must have told you that".

"He didn't I just read about it but I didn't think it was true. You know" he shrugged

"It is true. My father owns the companies and I just work like any other employee".

"And may I ask why you didn't take it when he offered you. I was also read that he offered you. Correct me if I am wrong".

"Did you also read the answer to it."

"There was no answer to it". He said while still eating.

I thought about it. Should I or should I not. Then shrugged and continued – "you know that he is my adoptive father and I am not his flesh and blood. Right"

He nodded while frowning.

"Well I worked for him for two years straight after meeting him when he legally adopted me although I was already 21 years old and there was no need for a guardian then. That very next day he presented me with the papers and wanted me to officially become the owner of his companies but I didn't accept.Don't get me wrong I was feeling more than privileged to have gotten such a request. But I m not his blood and I never will be. He deserved to have someone of his capability and passion to take over the business. And that was not me."

"So you are saying you didn't accept because you are not related to him biologically."

I shook my head and continued – "technically No. I don't know I just don't want him to leave it to me. I want.. I just.. I don't know maybe it is that I don't... nothing never mind. I just feel I am not ready yet. I and now it's a good thing as now he has to transfer the company to your name and this will be good. I will not have to be worried about it."

"The woman who controls half the city and almost two- fourth of the world market is telling me she is not ready". He questioned

I sighed at his comment. " it's different. So how was the shipment deal that was going on with the company going on."

We continued to talk about business and gradually the topic shifted to other things and for the first time in five years I was almost the same as I was before. We had finished the wine bottle when the desert came.