chapter three

My eyes fixed itself to the lighting of the room, it was awfully bright and awful to my eyes. The sun brings the brightness in our lives but it also burns you, there are the goods and the bads to everything even the most safest thing possible with that one percent. I groaned looking at the clock, it was a Saturday morning and I wasn't the one to wake up early and make breakfast, I was usually the one who wakes up late and eats brunch. There's a first for everything.

"Smell" One word, one syllable and something I don't do on Saturday mornings because those were the days mom was never off on- ever.

It was 10:30Am, rushed down the stairs to figure out what smelled so good. For a second there I thought I was dreaming but my mom really is home, cooking her famous- chocolate chip pancakes.

"Mom?" She smiled at me stacking the pancakes on the fifth plate, oh no did she bring a boy home?!!

"Five? who's that one for, are they my extras?" Sat up on the tall chair that moved and when in circles right behind the white island counter

It stopped moving, it was stopped by a man with nice soft skin and a navy blue hoodie, quite similar to the school's Lacrosse merchandise "Goodmorning"

"Peter Kavinsky, he was outside our house says he knows you so I let him in" Mom pointed at him with the spatula, I hadn't looked up at all but I finally did now, I had that mini heart attack and fell back

My eyes were shut tight refusing to see what I just saw, please let this be a dream, please let this be a dream! "You okay?"

Mom laughed before rushing towards me, I felt the air thinning, bodies were all around me "So this is real, you were outside my house and you met my mom?"

Kia handed me an ice pack, packaged in those weird cloth ice pack I always loved using every time I'd bump myself into something. My mind was full of so many things, for instance, why was he waiting outside of my house? I've hung out with Peter Kavinsky here and there but this is a little way too much for somebody he hardly even knows, I met him a month and two weeks ago and let's not forget that it's a Saturday morning like shouldn't he be practicing for his next game? IT'S SATURDAY MORNING! What good will come of this?

"You told me you jog every Saturday so thought I'd stop by and get my work out in and that's when your mom caught me knocking on the door" Peter was in his shorts and everything, he was really down for the jog

My mom gave me a little nudge but it wasn't just any nudge it was the, cute boy nudge. I shook my head, my siblings nodded- no way! I'm not some rebound girl, I'm not a back up girl, I'm the girl. This is not happening, I can't do any of this, it's way too scary for me, it's hard to trust someone nowadays, but I can't say no. I can't say no to Peter Kavinsky.

"You guys eat up and jog it out later on, go on eat up" Mom pulled me up and brought me in close "You're good" She whispered into my ear though I'm pretty sure everyone behind me heard that, just going to pretend that didn't happen at all

Breakfast was awkward, quiet and a bunch of eyes staring at Peter and I. It's not like we slept together or anything- we technically did, but I will never ever EVER let them know I got drunk and did that. It was a crazy first party in the new school, though I think Kia will find out because the halls talk. It's never quiet and that's where I have the most memories- the crowded halls of my not so new school, I'm glad I've made a few friends and possibly new enemies. Greg says Gen is the one and only person I should keep an eye on because she's crazy over Peter but what's that have to do with me, it's not like he likes me or I like him... or anything like that, it's not a thing.

"You gotta slow down you took a big fall and you might get another one" He talks too much, I don't talk while I jog. I listen to music and run just how I like to run away from my problems and it works for awhile but then you figure out that life is real and your problems are bad

I turned towards him, stopped, pulled my earphones out of my ears "You know for someone who plays sports you sure aren't focused on working out on your speed right now Mr. Big Mouth"

His nose scrunched at that statement "Oh yeah Ms. Party Girl?"

I rose a brow and pushed him, he pushed me with his index finger and it went on like that until he picked me up on his shoulder and ran, I let him do that for five minutes but gave up on his knees gasping for air and wishing he had brought water- amateurs.

"Better luck next time Kavinsky" I patted Peter's back before I could run away from him

"Screw you Klara Stilinksi!" He cursed at me, his voice fading away as I continued to run. At least I left him right in his driveway to save him the trouble, not to brag but I'm a pretty good friend

I came back home and mom was there, something's up and I just can't put a finger on it. I bugged her awhile to let her spill but she said she won't speak up until I talk about Peter as if there were something between us- broken hearts club. Though I did just tell mom how he picked me up for a party and left my fifteen year old sister with my 11 year old brother which sounded good until I came home to a broken vase and a broken door, Khaleesi gets violent when someone goes through his things and Kia has sticky fingers if she wants it she'll take it. Lock your doors kids.

"Mom c'mon you're hardly ever here and for the record there's nothing going on between Peter and I, I just happened to have witnessed the terrible break up- quite poetic actually" Mom loves to bake it was one of her hobbies she used to do when she was still a doctor and not some hardcore surgeon

She stopped frying the churros and stared at me then my two other siblings behind me followed by a heavy sigh, oh no did she get fired? How do I prevent her from being one of those drunkies and ruining their lives just because they lost their job and can't seem to find another one?

"I got promoted to Chief of Surgery, they're giving me a week off to my children and I mean all of my children because your siblings are coming home, I'll be a lot more busier so I asked for two weeks off" Those words rang in my ears I don't know if I'm happy or if I'm terrified, I haven't seen them in exactly three years- the accident. I don't know what to say or do because we lost all of our connections with each other, hardly ever reach out anymore but I guess there are things called a restart button

"Wow mom, that's- perfect" I really tried to sound excited but I really wasn't all that into it, I have three other siblings who haven't bothered to reach out other than Kamille who has a boyfriend now and is wondering when I'll get mine.

"Invite him for dinner"

I looked at her confused "Who exactly is him mommy?"

Khaleesi sat right beside me with a bright bright smile "She's talking about your boyfriend KC"

I batted my lashes, tilted my head at my brother "What boyfriend Khal?"

"Peter Kavinsky, you know the one that plays Romeo in Romeo and Juliet- and you're the Juliet" Kia pat my back before taking my last carrot

"Wh- why even would I do that and for starters he is not my boyfriend and I'm definitely not Juliet in Romeo and Juliet" I snared, my eyes squinting at the two of them

"I wanna know the kid" Mom nudged "He can try my famous dessert that you love so much" She winked at me right on the word love, no mom we aren't doing that thing