Zouis

Zayn and Louis knew each other from childhood. Zayn lived in the orphanage opposite Louis's home. They grew from neighbours to friends then best friends to lovers, but 6 months back they had parted away. Zayn had been the one to break of the relation without any proper explanation. To say Louis was hurt would be an understatement. He was so mad at Zayn, mad that he just left, left without trying to solve whatever problem there was. So he dealt with it the way he always did when he was angry. He messaged Zayn with mean sarcastic remarks. Sometime added indirect taunts in his social accounts. Hoping to rile Zayn up and get some reaction, but there was no luck.

It was 3:00 in the afternoon. Louis was still at work when his phone rang. He was so surprised to see it was Zayn calling. He rejected it, he wanted to make Zayn wait like he waited for him. After around 15 miss calls Louis finally picked up.

"Is this Louis", a female voice called out.
"Yes", Louis answered
"Could you come to xyz hospital, this is about Zayn Malik", the lady asked
"Is he alright and who are you", asked Louis
"Could you please come to the hospital. I will tell you everything", the lady spoke.
"I'll be there", Louis said, before cutting the line.

Louis rushed to hospital and asked for Zayn. He went to the room he was directed to, he found and unconscious Zayn but nothing like the one he knew. The boy laying on the bed was so skinny, the area around his eyes had sunken, his head was shaved and he looked like he was in pain.

"Mr. Louis, I presume", a lady in white coat called out
"I am Dr. Sandra Martin, I had spoken to you earlier", she introduced.
"What is wrong with him", Louis asked eyes fixed on Zayn.
"Lukemia, blood cancer, he was diagnosed six months ago", she replied.
It was then Louis understood everything. Why Zayn left, why he never replied, why he disappeared.
"Why did it take you 6 months to call me and why isnt he okay if it has been so long", he asked his words choking.
"I advised Zayn to speak to his family or friends many times. Moral support is very much required but he denied it. As for his treatement the cancer is on his last stage and his only hope for survival is a bone marrow transplant. We are trying for a donor but we are still to get lucky. I know Zayn feels lonely from within even though he never complains. I couldn't wait for him anymore to realise that he needs someone's support so I called you. I wish I had done it earlier though", she says sadly
"Ya you should have called me earlier", Louis agreed.
"I am so sorry baby. So sorry for not being there when you needed me the most, sorry for being so rude, am sorry for only thinking of myself and not thinking you would never leave me happily, I am so sorry love.", Louis whispered to an unconscious Zayn, kissing all over his face.
He felt Zayn move
"You awake baby", Louis whispered gently kissing Zayn's forehead.
Zayn was taken aback not expecting Louis. Louis wrapped his arms around Zayn.
"It is alright love am here. I ll always be here. I ll be by your side always. And very soon we will find that donor and I ll take you home completely cured. Till then I am not letting you stay in this hospital. You are coming home with me and am going to take care of you.", Louis said
"I don't want to be a burden", Zayn said in a small voice.
"You will never be a burden love and if this is about any of those messages I sent you. Trust me I didn't mean anything. I just wanted you to talk to me. I am so sorry if I hurt you. I love you baby", Louis told
"Love you too, Lou", Zayn replied. Finally smiling after 6 months.

Just as Louis promised a donor was found 2 months later and Zayn was cured after a successful transplant.