August 15th 1958

Most things have returned back to normal after John's mother had passed away.

George and I made up and we were all good again.

John even has a new girlfriend and he wants us to meet her tonight at the pub before they played. John seemed really excited about her and made him forget a little about his mother.

*~*~*

George came by to our house and then he, George and I went to the pub together.

We walked in and heard 'Rory and the Hurricanes' playing, like they usually did before the boys.

"Oh look who it is!" George sneered with a fake expression, talking about Rory.

"Come on Georgie..." I said pulling on his arm a little.

I heard George say something else under his breath about Rory.

We then turned to see John sitting at a booth with a brunette girl.

"Hey!" John looked up from the girl and called to us. He motioned us to come sit down with them.

"This is Cynthia," he said with a smile.

We all shook her hand and sat down. I sat next to Cynthia and George sat on the other side with his arm around me.

She seemed really nice and she was beautiful, but not really the type I'd expect to see with John.

"So Cynthia," Paul said, "How'd you meet a bum like John?"

She laughed a little, "I knew him from the university."

"But how did you meet a bloke like Paul?" John asked. I looked over and saw Dot under Paul's arm, I hadn't noticed her come in.

She just giggled as well but didn't answer, she was kind of shy.

"What about you two huh? You've been practically joined at the hip since last month," John snickered at me and George.

"Oh shut up John," I laughed.

"And after what George had told me about you two..." I knew what John was talking about.  

"Shut up John," George gritted through his teeth, not wanting Paul to know.

"What did George say?" Paul asked, leaning into the conversation.

"Well look at that," George said, looking at his wrist where there was no watch, "It's time to play!"

George gave me a quick kiss and got up from the table. John gave a kiss to Cynthia and so did Paul to Dot.

I watched them go backstage to get ready.

"What do you see in John?" I asked jokingly to Cynthia.

"Oh, I don't know. He's a really nice guy once you get to know him. Most people just judge him from being in a rock and roll band and for being reckless."

I agreed with Cynthia and took a sip from my Coca-Cola.

Not too long after, Rory and Ringo came over and leaned on our table. Rory and I were still friends, but it was still weird.

"How are you ladies doing tonight?" Ringo asked with a big grin on his face.

We all said it was good and started to talk amongst each other a bit more.

I looked up to the stage and saw George glaring back at me.

"It's fine," I mouthed to him.

He just looked back down at his guitar and kept playing.

-

For the rest of the night, me, Cynthia and Dot kept talking to Rory and kept laughing at all the stupid jokes Ringo was making

Suddenly John sat back down next to Cynthia, "I think you better go find George," he said to me.

I looked up and saw George walking out of the pub.

"Ugh, my god," I mumbled.

I got my purse and quickly followed behind George.

I stepped out of the pub and looked down the street for George.

He was leaning against the wall of the pub lighting up a cigarette.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a happy tone, as if not knowing George wasn't mad at me for talking to Rory.

"Have you not made up your mind yet or something?" George mumbled, puffing out some smoke.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He looked at me and clenched his jaw a little, "I think you know."

"George, stop it," I quickly walked up to him and put my arms around his neck.

"Then stop flirting with him," he said, taking another drag from his cigarette.

"If I still liked him, then I wouldn't be with you. Okay?" I said, looking up to him.

"Okay fine, I'm sorry," he muttered.

I took the cigarette out of his mouth and held his face in my hand. I kissed him passionately, "I love you."

"I love you too," he replied and gave me a smile.

-
-
-
🙃💕