Heart Chakra

Chapter 5 | Heart Chakra

"How good is this woman again?" Chance asked Christina as they pulled up to the natural childbirth center. With Chance's last fit of road rage Christina thought it would beneficial for Chance and her future nieces to attend a spiritual midwife to help.

"She'll have your mind at peace and hopefully it'll be a way to find out who's the father of your children." Christina muttered the end of the sentence because she didn't want Chance to go into yet another rant about knowing the father of her children.

"Shut the hell up Chrissy and just focus on picking your menu for the wedding. Which we're still doing this afternoon, right? Because lord knows how hungry I am." Christina looked at Chance as if she'd lost her mind as she watched Chance write her name on the clipboard.

"Chance, how can you be hungry when you had me pick up an all-star special at Waffle House?"

"Look at me Christina, I'm only three months tomorrow and I look like a whale's baby cousin already." Chrissy took in Chance's complete frame and couldn't go against what Chance said. Although, Christina could admit that Chance wore pregnancy well.

"You're not that big Chancey and you have to remember that you're carrying twins."

"How can I forget?" Chance asked as she pulled her bag higher up on her shoulder. "I'm just tired of carrying these kids already. I want to stab myself in the legs so I won't be able to walk anywhere."

"That is why you need this midwife in your life so she can get all your chakras in line." Christina said as she found a seat for her and Chance in the waiting room.

"You need to get yours in line because little Timothy is scared of you from all the fuss about the wedding." Chrissy rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Timmy is capable of handling me," Chrissy said as she crossed her arms across her chest. "What you need to worry about is your anger and my nieces."

"Funny thing about all of this is that you think they're girls yet Carter and Jaz think they're boys and that's the only option for them." Chance said with a small smile on her face from remembering Jaz's smile as he handed her two "Daddy's Boy" Bibs the other day.

"Well what does the father think they are?" Chrissy said with the hopes a name would slip.

"He thinks they're boys, of course." Chance put a hand on her small bump. "Have you and Timmy figured out when you're going to have kids after you get married and all."

"No, but watch me get pregnant as soon as we get married. It seems like I've been waiting forever and handling hormones are not necessarily easy."

"Oh I know how complicated controlling your hormones is. Dick was so good that I couldn't stop myself from getting pregnant." Chance said as remembered all the nights that she actually told Jaz to get her pregnant. She was just thankful that she didn't get pregnant within the first year of their relationship. "Maybe that's why Timmy is so pent up on waiting because he probably knew he's going to get your ass pregnant."

"Oh shut up, you already know how religious he is which I think is pretty respectable especially with all the chances that we've had over the years."

"You mean every other day?" Christina laughed and gently pushed Chance as they both laughed together.

:

Once finally called back to see the midwife Chance felt anxious. She knew Christina regularly visited her at her home for readings but Chance was never the one to buy into all of it, but she was going to try everything and anything to make sure she was able to carry the twins as far as she could.