"Will you marry me?"

Chapter 10 | "Will you Marry Me?"

"Look who's finally here." Tim stated as we watched the host bring them over to our table. Chance had to admit that the two of them looked good together and couldn't help but realize that Sabrina held the same glow as she did. She couldn't necessarily say that she was surprised given the amount of times Carter had been nowhere to be seen only to find out he's at Sabrina's house and lost track of time. She knew that Carter deserved a baby and was happy that it was with the girl that he loved and loved him back just as much.

"I-4 was backed up as always because of a trooper on the side of the road." Carter said coming up for the best excuse he could find. The news of him possibly becoming a parent caused them both to ruin their original outfits. He was surprised they even made it to the dinner at all.

"Bet that wasn't the only thing backed up," Gix said causing everyone to laugh because they were thinking it but no one could say it. Chance continued to giggle as she dunked her fried calamari into the dip. She'd originally wanted to share her appetizer with Christina but after tasting how good they were she automatically called the waiter over to order a second helping for herself. "Chance, I don't know why you're laughing when you already been trapped," Gix added causing another round of laughs from the table.

"Dick trapped me not these babies." Chance added nonchalantly with a shrug. Though she lost her virginity to Jaz she'd seen other dicks from the pictures guys enjoy sending to random females that they found attractive and knew she lucked out. She knew that wasn't the sole reason why she was still with Jaz, but it locked in the complete package in one beautiful hunk of a man. Chance never grew tired of looking at him in appreciation at how handsome he was. Sometimes she looked at Ms. Brenda with appreciation for creating him.

"PG-13 please. There are children at the table." Christy stated looking directly at Christina and Tim causing them both to flick her off. The fact that they were both virgins was probably why they made it more than two years without devouring each other. With their wedding set for next month Chance knew they were both anticipating their wedding night.

"Give them a few weeks and then they'll do better." Chance said nudging Christina in her arm who in return nudged her back.

"You have some food in your cleavage Chance." Jaz stated. It took him nearly five minutes to realize it had food in her chest. Jaz reached down to grab the calamari and Chance made eye contact with Carter causing her stomach to drop. Can we talk? Chance mouthed to Carter hoping that he'd agree without much of a fight. Carter nodded and pointed towards Jaz and Chance assumed that he wanted Jaz to come along with them. She let out a breath as she stood up and met Carter in the hallway that led to the bathrooms. She contemplating going outside instead fearing that Carter may be too loud but realized that it also prevented Carter from causing a scene if they had the conversation inside.

"How are you doing this evening?" Chance asked nervously. She could honestly say that she was never this nervous before telling anyone anything. She knew that this could either be a happy occasion or one that caused her to go into pre-term labor. Chance was hoping it was the latter.

"Small talk?" Carter asked raising an eyebrow. "Are you trying to butter me up from what I just saw at the table?" Carter asked as hostile as he could without making himself laugh about the situation. He and Jaz never went over how he was supposed to act whenever Chance made it around to telling him their 'secret'.

"No, just your little sister asking you how you are. I can't ask without a reason?" Chance rebutted.

"After what I saw I just need answers. No need to ask me or tell me anything else other than what's going on between the two of you while you're obviously pregnant." Carter crossed his arms and looked between the two. He could see the little ounce of fear lurking in Chance's brown eyes and the bemusement in Jaz's.