Chapter 24: The threats are real!

Scarlett's POV

I woke up at 10am today. I feel totally rested after yesterday's events. I had forgotten about the anonymous psychopath but as soon as I remembered, I got a chill. I quickly got up and looked at my phone, I sighed in relief as I saw no notifications. I made my bed and went to go shower. The warm water always managed to relax me considerably. I got out the shower once I was done. I wore sweatpants and a regular black shirt. I wore my black slippers and brushed my hair, leaving it to cascade down my back.

I went downstairs and decided to make eggs and bacon. My parents were already gone obviously, both working at jobs that needed they're undivided attention. I huffed at that and took out two eggs and bacon from the fridge. I fried the two ingredients and toasted two slices of bread. I poured some orange juice for myself. As I was about to sit down and stuff my face, someone knocked. I sighed frustratingly, really!? Who could it be? I went ahead and answered the door anyway.

Its was Chuck, the deliveryman. "Hey Chuck, I haven't seen you in a long time!" I smiled genuinely at him. "Same here Ms McCarthy," he bowed his hat. His voice still had that familiar southern accent. "What brings you here? A package for my parents?" I asked him. "Not today, its for you Scarlett." He handed me the box. What!? For me. I wasn't expecting anything. He laughed at my confused expression. "Please sign here," he point at the space on the paper held on a clipboard. I quickly signed and he handed me the package. "Have a nice day Scarlett," he spoke as he bowed his hat again. "Uhh yeah, you too Chuck." I waved him goodbye and shut the door.

I decided that I'd open the package once I was done eating, at this point my stomach was devouring itself. I quickly ate all my food and washed the dishes. I also swept the kitchen floor and the living room. I decided to go and check out the strange package. Fragile, please handle with care, was what was written outside the small box. Maybe my parents decided on buying me a new phone, finally! I opened the box while grinning, my other hand had crossed fingers. Confusion and surprise filled my face as I gazed at a blood red apple. Someone sent me an apple! Maybe its Jen, I doubt it though. Something told me not to throw it away but not to eat it as well. So I did the only thing rational that popped into my mind. I took a knife and cut the big round apple in half. As I opened it, I was shocked beyond words. Red thick liquid oozed out of the "apple". I stood there, unmoving, unblinking. After some time I found my legs and hands and decided to clean the red liquid off the table. I took the "apple" with me as I made my way to the sink. I dropped it in the sink and it made a weird sound as it crashed against the zinc. I doubted it was an apple at all at this point. I took a paper towel and wiped off most of the red stuff and threw the paper away. I then took a cloth and dampened it with water in the sink and wiped off the rest.

I walked back to the sink and rinsed the cloth and hung it to dry. The "apple" was now rinsed of the red liquid so I picked it up to throw it away when something caught my eye, I gasped. There was some writing inside the "apple". I looked more carefully, trying to decipher the text. It read:

Hello stranger, its me again! I see you blocked my number and went against my warnings. You've been a bad girl! Now I should punish you for this but because I'm so kind I'll give you one last chance to redeem yourself and follow through.