Epilogue

Scarlett's POV

Beep beep beep beep beep

Ugh, what is that!? I internally groaned. It was too loud for my liking. I had a splitting headache and my body felt strangely stiff, the bed I was sleeping on didn't feel like my bed, it was stiff too. I slowly crack an eye open and a flood of light comes rushing in causing me to blink furiously against it. My mouth feels dry and...icky. I try to look around but all I could see was light, so I let my eyes adjust.

I see a drip hooked up to me, machines every with liquids. I look down and I notice I'm sleeping in a single bed with strange blankets I've never seen before. I cough a bit due to the irritation in my throat and I spot a movement to the far corner on the left side. The next thing my mom is at my bedside. "Mom?" I ask, she looks older than I remembered. "Yes, its me honey. I can't believe you're finally awake, Doctor!" She shouts out as she squeezes my hand. What does she mean by finally awake? And where am I anyway.

"Where am I?" I ask my mom. "Oh honey, you're at the hospital," she informs me. Hospital? I'm sure I tripped and fell, me being a klutz and all. Before I could ask anymore question a male doctor walked in, he seemed to be in his early forties. He was handsome though. "Oh you're awake Scarlett, you kept us waiting there hey," he says as he smiles warmly at me as if he knew me. "Well, we need to run a few checkups. Could you step out for a bit, Mrs McCarthy, I'm sure you'd like to inform your husband and others," he suggests. "Of course Dr Mason, I'll be in the waiting room," she says. "Please, call me Nicolas," the doctor insisted. Mom smiled at him then turned to me. "I'll be right back, okay honey?" She asks as she kisses my forehead.

I nod at her and she walks out. "So, how are you feeling Scarlett," Dr Mason asks. "Tired. And I've got a major headache," I tell him as I cough again. "And I'm a bit thirsty," I say shyly as I blush. "Well I don't blame you, you've been out for a while," he says as he picks up the clipboard by my bed and checks the liquids and machines. He gives me a glass of water and I happily drink.

"Okay, well we're going to get some medicine for your headache and some food for your stomach. Everything else looks good and stable," he says. I nod at him and smile. "I'm going to ask you a few questions, answer them as best as you can, okay?" He asks me. "Okay," I tell him. "Tell me your name and surname," he requests. "My name is Scarlett McCarthy,"
"Your parents?"
"Elizabeth and Benjamin McCarthy,"
"School?"
"Phoenix high school,"
"Age?"
"Fifteen,"

At my last answer he frowns. "What grade are you in?" He asks. "I'm a freshman," I answer confidently. His frown deepens. "Who are your friends?" He asks. "Jennifer," I reply which makes his frown deepen even more. "What is the last thing you remember?" He asks. "Dinner with my grandparents," I answer after a few seconds of thinking. "What's the date Scarlett?" He asks. "16 December 2012," I answer. He does not look happy at all. "Do you know me?" He asks. "Of course, you're Dr Mason," I say. He writes it down then looks at me. "We'll have a MRI and a CAT scan done," he says before he walks out.

Okay, weird! After about 2 minutes my mom and Jennifer walk in, the only problem is that Jennifer does not look fifteen at all. In fact she looks like a senior in high school. But I can't help but smile as she looks at me with the most greatest smile ever. "Scar! You're alright," she says as she hugs me. "Yeah, I'm still living," I say as she let's go. "Honey, I have to go back to work. I'll see you soon, I'll come back with your dad," she says as she kisses my forehead and exits my hospital room. Work? Since when does my dear mother work? She a house wife for crying out loud. "Why are you frowning?" Jen asks but answers her own question before I could. "Oh I'm sure you have a major headache," she says. I smile and nod at her.

Soon a nurse comes in with food and pills with water. "Here we go," she says. "Thank you," I tell her as I dig in, ravenously. "You sure were hungry," Jen comments. "You have no idea," I tell her as I eat my food. As I ate, she told me about her siblings and how they were still annoying but had matured a bit. I'm not sure how they matured since they were 8 years old. She told me about her 2 year old sister which I didn't know she had but I just kept quiet as she filled me in.

I don't know how much I missed for her to be telling me this. I must've slept for a day or two. And by the looks of it I hit my head pretty hard. After I was done, I drank the pain killers and waited for them to take effect. "Oh the boys say they're here," she says, smiling widely. Who's the boys? As I asked that question to myself, 2 manly boys and a very beautiful girl walk in my room. One of the boys looked like a wrestler, all big and burly. He had curly brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He was dressed in black jeans and a football Jersey. The other boy looked immensely handsome and lean but muscled too. His brown hair was tousled and he had grey soft eyes. He wore khaki shorts and a navy blue polo shirt. The girl was so beautiful. She had chocolate brown hair and green eyes. She wore black skinny jeans with a white long sleeved shirt and a black knit sweater. She had black combat boots on. I definitely did not know who they were at all!

One thing they all had in common were wide smiles and they were all directed at me. Well except for the girl, her smile was smaller. "Scar! You're awake," the big one says as he hugs the air out of my lungs. "Yeah, you mind loosening the vice grip," I tell him in between pants. "Oh sorry, I got a bit too excited," he says sheepishly. "Uh, you think," I chuckle at him. Strangely it felt like I already knew them, but except I didn't. "Hey Scar, I'm glad you woke up," the handsome one says as he leans in for a gentle hug. "Yeah, me too. I prefer my own comfy bed than this," I say as I shift uncomfortably.

I turn and look at the girl, waiting for some reaction. She smiles at me and holds out her hand. "Hi Scarlett, I'm glad I finally get to meet you. I'm Avalon Spencer, this douche bag's girlfriend," she says in a kind manner as she points to the handsome boy. "Its nice to meet you Avalon. Gosh you look beautiful," I say to her as I shake her hand. She blushes and thanks me. I wondered how all these people, who looked like seniors, could be our friends. Me and Jen were only freshmen. The big guy looked like he was in college even. Before we could exchange anymore words Dr Mason walked in. "Hey dad," the handsome one greets Dr Mason. So Dr Mason is his father. I guess that's why he asked if I knew him or not.

"Hello son, would you excuse me, I'd like to steal Scarlett for a few minutes," he smiles at his son. "No problem dad," he says as they all go out. Jen squeezes my hand and walks out too. "How's your head now?" The doctor asks. "Its better," I answer truthfully. He smiles then wheels me out the room.

After getting my MRI and CAT scan done I was wheeled back into my room. I sat up on my bed and took my phone from my bedside. I'm guessing Jen left this here for me. I scrolled through my music. Most of the songs I didn't know. Was this even my phone? Before I could ask anything further, Jen and my so called friends rolled in with ice cream sundaes. "I'm guessing you got me one too," I say while looking at Jen. "Of course, chocolate caramel fudge. Your favourite," the handsome one hands me my sundae instead. How did he know this? "Thanks," I thank him skeptically. "So when are you getting discharged so we could hang out and fill you in on what happened?" The big one asks. "I don't know, I haven't been told yet," I inform them.

We ate our sundaes as they planned on what to do tomorrow. Funny enough I still didn't know who these people were except for Jen. "I'm sure Olivia would like to meet you," Jen says. "Who's Olivia?" I ask for the first time. They all look at me strangely, except for Avalon. "What do you mean who's Olivia?" The handsome one asks. "I mean, I don't know her," I say more clearly. "How can you not know her, she's one of your friends," the big one informs me. "Never heard of her," I tell them. "Who do you remember actually?" Avalon asks. "My parents and Jen," I say sheepishly as I blush and look away. "What about Danny and Anthony?" Jen asks. "Who?" I ask them. They're faces pale as they look at me in confusion.

Suddenly Dr Mason walks in with a sullen and sombre look. "I've got bad news," he says. Oh no, what bad news!?