o n e

To: Kenna Adams
From: Adler HighSchool Photography Club
Subject: Sports Photographer

Hey Kenna,

Hope you don't mind but the group voted you as our clubs Sports Photographer at last weeks meeting. Recover fast from your wisdom teeth removal and we'll talk more after break.

Mrs.Graham

I closed my laptop, threw it onto the other side of the bed and just sighed. I'm not an action shot photographer I thought, I was used to taking the school ID photos. I thought more about the idea when I heard a knock, "Hey kens" my mom walked in with a tray of food. It smelt delicious, when she set it on my lap I looked at the steaming hot soup.
"How ya feeling hun?" my mom sat on the edge of the bed.
"Better, it just sucks to spend the end of my summer inside"
"Well i'll open the window and you can close your eyes and pretend you're outside?" my mom suggested.

I let out a small laugh and nodded my head. My mom opened the window and gave me a kiss on my check before leaving the room.

I decided to give it a try, I put the soup on my bedside table and closed my eyes. I heard birds chirping and a small breeze came through the windows. I had turned my laptop back on to listen to some music. Fresh air felt good, I smiled. I was about to doze off when I heard some talking,
"No Gen, of course I didn't mean it like that. Babe you know I was only kidding, just forget I even said it."

I listened in, on my neighbor's conversation, arguing again, I listened some more and laughed, she'll never understood his humour like I do.

Peter Kavinsky, my neighbor for as long as I could remember happened to be my best friend and my secret crush. Peter and I have always been close friends, and so have both of our parents. We would play in our tree fort all day when we were children, until we started playing video games all day as preteens, and now to just being good friends and talking about everything and anything to each other. Peter and I are really close but lately i've noticed it's been different. Ever since the start of grade 10 him and Gen have been together. That's when he finally got the courage to ask her out, of course some help from me. He wouldn't be with her if it wasn't for me and of course he was grateful, at the time. He would always bring me along to hang out with them, but he grew distant over time and now the only time we ever talk is when he has girl trouble. But what can I say, what are best friends for?

I was starting to get sleepy on this Tuesday night so I turned off my lamp and got comfy, I looked at the ceiling thinking out loud. "I wonder what would've happened if I didn't help him get the girl"

•••

hey! first chapter, short but I just wanted to put something out there for now but there will definitely be longer chapters!