t w o

I opened my closet looking through my clothes, I never know what to wear on the first day of school. I decided on my favourite leggings and t-shirt, I walk over to my bathroom and I fix my hair to let my natural waves stay down.
I walked down the stairs to the kitchen and see my older brother looking at his phone. 

"Where's mom?" I ask.

"Work." he looked up from his phone.

"So you're driving us to school?" I question while sitting down eating the food mom left.

"No, Kavinsky's giving us a ride ... my cars still in the shop" he stood up grabbing his bag, "let's go" 

I take a few last bites of my food and rush towards the door and pull on my converse. I walked out the door after my brother down the path, I looked up to see Peter looking at us.

Kingston hopped into the front seat while I climbed into the back. Kingston and Peter were close as well, but the summers Kingston went away for lacrosse camp, Peter and I were the best of friends.

Peter parked the jeep, we all walked up to the school. 

"Are you doing photography this year?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, sports photographer" you said with no enthusiasm. 

"That's awesome, you can come to our games" Peter said excitedly.

"Make sure to get my good side" Kingston said cockily on. I was going to add on when I bumped into someone hearing a metal clang noise. I looked up and saw Chase Kennedy, he looked shocked, I probably looked shocked too. We both didn't to expect to walk into someone, clearly.

Chase Kennedy, the captain of the lacrosse team and very good looking . Every girl has tried to get with him, and I mean every. Even at a time Gen has tried to go for him but i've never heard any rumours of gossip about him being a player. He's really sweet and charming, his smile is breath taking and his eyes are as blue as the ocean. 

Chase bent down to pick up his lacrosse stick, "sorry Kenna, I wasn't looking where I was going" he smiled at me.

"No." I spit out real fast, I looked at the boys and they looked back at me weird.
"I mean no as in I should have been looking" Kingston shakes his head in embarrassment. 

Chase laughs at my struggling, he put his hand on my shoulder "alright Kenna, i'll see you later" he walked behind me towards the lockers. My eyes follow as he walks down the hall until he can't be seen anymore. 

My shoulder was tingling from his touch, he is so cute. I started to blush, just because I have a crush on Peter doesn't mean I have to wait forever for him to realize he belongs with me, I can adore others too. Well to help me get over Peter I guess. 

"alright Kenna, i'll see you later" Kingston teased, Peter just watched me push my brothers shoulder.

"Peter did you see how red she got?" Kingston carried on. 

"Yeah she got really red" Peter said but wasn't paying attention, I followed his gaze all the way to Gen. She was talking to two girls, they were talking about shoes I think. Peter walked over and hugged her from behind, I sighed silently and walked down the hall.

 I finally find my new locker, I start to pile my new school supplies into the slightly dented ugly blue locker. I totally need to spice it up a bit, I reach for my schedule from bag and it somehow slips from my fingers onto the ground. I bend down to reach for it when someone else grabs ahold of it, they pick it up and look at it. While he reads it I observe his face, he's a cutie. 

His brown eyes roamed all over the paper and he slowly lets a wide grin go across his face, "here, you dropped this" I show a shy smile as he looks me in the eyes.

 "Thanks" I turn towards my locker trying to hide my red cheeks. I hear a creak next to me and look over to see the boy opening the locker next to me.

 He catches me staring and said "My names josh" his hand stretches out. 

I take ahold of his hand "Kenna", we shake hands. 

"Well Kenna, we have almost every class except photography, how bout we walk to first together" Josh closes his locker and has his books in his hands. 

"That sounds like a fantastic idea" I gather my books and close my locker. We walk side by side down the hall, we approach our first class. The class is pretty much full already but we spot two seats at the back beside each other.

As class starts I look around to see who's in my class, I spot Peter across the room and happen to make eye contact. I smile at him but he just stares at me then turns his focus back to the teacher. That's weird, he's usually always smiling. Maybe just a bad first day? 

"So class i'd like you to write about your summer" the teacher wrote the task on the board. 

I look over a Josh, "I always make up the most exotic things to put on these". 

He laughs, "Oh yeah? What're you going to put this time?"

"Well I was thinking of maybe something along the lines of 'damsel in distress and my journey of finding my knight in shining armour'" I tell Josh.

"That's not exotic at all" Josh says after hearing my idea.

"To me it is, the idea of finding my knight in shining armour is exotic." I sigh, and look at my blank paper. 

"Don't feel so down, your day will come" He said looking into my eyes, his beautiful brown eyes, "you just have to wait for the perfect one to come around.

I smile reassuring him that his advice is helping, but it't just got me thinking. The perfect one had already came around and went right past me to Gen, with my help of course. I don't think I'm ever going to get over that.

It was lunch and Josh and I decided to eat together on the bleachers, he took a bite into his sandwich, and handed me the other half. I gave him some of my apple slices as a trade.

 "So you're into photography?" he asks.

I nod my head "Yeah i'm in the school club." 

"That's awesome" he said dusting off his hands from his finished sandwich and reaching into the baggy of apples, "what do you take pictures of?" he asks. 

"This year I was nominated Sports Photographer" I take a bite into the sandwich, "sadly" I continue. 

"Yeah no doubt, I wouldn't want to take pictures of those assholes" I laugh at him, "exactly". 

"What did you take pictures of before?" he asked curiously.

"I used to take the school year book pictures." I smile looking over at him.

"Ah yes, that's where I remember you from." He started, "My mom was so happy with those pictures that year, of course thanks to you" He thought back smiling as if he finally remembered something.

"Oh all I did was snap the picture, I don't edit the pictures" I said confused.

"No, I mean that year was the first time my smile looked genuine and not just forced for a picture." Josh looked onto the field as if he's remembering that day, "Your smile is very contagious you know" He smiled at me. 

"So is yours" I smiled back. Then the bell rang for us to head back to class, we both walked back to our lockers. He turned to me and asked "Hey do you mind if I can get your number? Maybe we can do our homework together, or just hangout" my stomach fluttered. No guy has really ever asked me to hang out, except Peter, but thats different. Especially now, we haven't hung out in a while. I nod my head and he hands me his phone. I put my contact into his phone, Kenna<3 , he looks at his phone and smiles. 

"I'll call you later kens" I smiled as he called me that. "bye Josh." We part ways and I head to my photography class.

...

hope you guys enjoy this!! Don't forget to vote and comment <3