t h r e e

After school my mom picked Kingston and I up. As soon as I got home I went up to my room, my room was a cozy spacious room with a big bed in the middle, my desk with all my school stuff, my dresser and closet, and my mirror in the corner of my room that I occasionally dance in. My room's a bit dark, I walk over to my window and open up the curtains, I notice a newspaper boy walking from house to house delivering newspapers. When Kingston and I were younger we had the same job, except we had to split the small pay. I look directly across to see Peter's house and Peter's window. I think back to when we used to talk from our windows because our parents would say it's too late to go out, we'd stay up all night and talk, until one night my mom heard me laughing in the middle of the night and decided to check it out. She caught me and Peter throwing paper balls with notes back in forth, I was laughing because I hit him in the face. After that we weren't aloud to stay up late talking. So we stayed up late writing small notes to each other. We took my mothers broken clothes line, we hooked it up so we could put notes into a small basket and send it back and forth, it was fun at the time but now... I don't think we used it since grade 8. 

I sit down at my desk and pull out my laptop, I transfer over some pictures I took after school before my mother picked us up. I got a good couple shots of the cheerleaders and the track team's practice. I edited them a little bit before emailing them off the Mrs.Graham. I was going through some of my million emails, ranging from discount to spam emails. My phone started to ring, I grabbed my bag and dug through it. I pulled it out and looked at the number, I don't have it saved but I answer anyways.

"Hello?"I asked immediately waiting for a scammer.

"Kenna, hey it's Josh" I smiled, completely forgetting that I gave him my number.

"Oh hey Josh, what's up?" I asked looking out the window as cars passed by. 

"Well I was wondering if you'd like to join me for a milkshake?" He asks.

"Sure!" I haven't had a milkshake in a while.

"Really? Great, um, would you like me to come pick you up?" Josh questioned.

"Yeah! I'm ready whenever" I spin around in my chair, looking for a sweater. 

"Just text me your address and I'll head over there now." 

"Okay, See you in a bit Josh" I hung up as soon as he said good-bye.

I text Josh my address and I spot a cute navy blue pull over, I walk downstairs and wait in the living room,

Josh :)

Hey I live pretty close so ill be there in 2mins!!

Kenna <3

Can't wait ;P

I smile at my phone, "what're you smiling at" Kingston says hopping over the couch and sitting next to me trying to peer at my phone. 

"I made a new friend" I look at him, he gets all happy.

"Perfect now you can leave me alone" Kingston said jokingly.

"Shut up" I nudge his arm.

Kingston lightly punches my arm, "Want to go get some food?" 

"Actually I can't, I'm getting a milkshake with my new friend" I watch him roll his eyes.

"Oh okay, well Is your new friend hot at least?" Kingston asks wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Well... yeah I would say so." You were confused by his question, until...