f o u r

Josh pulls into my driveway, I unbuckle but before I leave the vehicle I ask, "Want to come in?".

"Yeah sure!" he grins at me and unbuckles also, we both walk up to my door but before I open it I turn towards him.

"So if we're going to pretend to date, we have to make it as real as possible, even to my family." I explain, he listens and nods his head. I open up the door and we make our way towards the stairs, but before we can make it up I hear my brothers voice.

"Who's this?" I turn around and look at him, Kingston meets my eyes and raised his eyebrows.

"This is um my..." I begin then Josh finishes the sentence for me.

"Boyfriend." He smiles over at Kingston who looked surprised, my brother looks back over to me and said, "wow okay, um mom went out, i'll be down here." Kingston turned around but before he could, he gave me a puzzled look. I look over to Josh and grab his hand, I pull him into my room and close the door.

"Wow you tend to be really blunt huh?" I sit down on my bed, I can see out the window straight to Peter's room from here and I notice his lights are off, he's probably still out. I sit back on the head board, Josh took off his denim jacket and left it on my chair, he sat next to me and looked out my window as well.

"So you know how Peter and you are neighbours?" I nod my head to his question, "Well does that happen to be his room?" Josh asked looking straight ahead to his bedroom.

"Yeah, ever since I could remember." I respond, Josh looks at me and sighs. We sat in silence for a couple minutes, it's got me thinking. Why is Josh doing this?

"Josh?" I ask, he turns his face towards me. "Why are you doing this?"

"Well to be honest, I want to show my ex that 1) I'm over her and 2) that I'm not in love with her sister." Josh said fiddling with his fingers. I was shocked, that must be a difficult situation.

"You were in love with your ex's sister?" I never saw Josh as a player.

"No, she just thought I did for some reason." He look frustrated with the topic so I changed it.

"So how are we going to do this?" I ask looking at him.
"Well we want to look like we're a real couple so it's easy." He smiled at me, "Just pretend we're in a real relationship, do things people do in a relationship and look like you're having fun"

"See this will be easy for you," I sigh, in the corner of my eye I see Peter's light turn on. "You've been in a relationship before.

Josh looks out the window towards Peter's room and smirks "I'll show you" He leans in and plants his lips on mine, I was about to pull away when I heard him whisper "It'll make him jealous" I nod my head and I kiss him. We make out for a while, I don't think we needed to make out for that long but oh well. It was kinda fun to be honest.

"So we have school tomorrow, I better head home" Josh gets up and retrieves his jacket off the chair.

"Okay, i'll see you at school tomorrow"I saw sitting on the edge of my bed,

"No." Josh looks over at me "I'll see you in the morning, what kind of boyfriend doesn't drive his girlfriend to school?"

"Josh you don't have to" I complain.

"Kenna, it's on the way, plus it'll make it look more real." I nod my head as he smiles, Josh looks over at me and does a quick look out the window, before I can look he plants his lips on mine. He pulls away and waves out the window, my eyes go wide and I look over to see Peter, sitting at his desk, waving bye as well. Josh opens the door "Later Kens".

I get up and walk over to my window, I was going to close the curtains when I hear Peter's voice "So you and Sanderson huh?"

"I guess so" I smile not making eye contact with him.

"You could do better Adams" Peter comments.

"So could you Kavinsky" I close my curtains and get ready for bed.