Ten

Skylar's POV

Turns out Caden found out about my house address from Alex. Or at least that's what he told me,

"So about that question I asked." The curiosity must've been evident in my voice. "How did you find out where I live?" 

"From that boyfriend of yours." He replied in that blank tone of his.

I was surprised and confused, both. "Alex's not my boyfriend."

But perhaps that shouldn't have been what I asked him. Because there was no way in hell that I believed him. Why in the world would Alex tell Caden where I live? As far I knew, Alex hated him. He was ready to fight Caden just because he thought something was going on between us!

Unless Caden had forced it out of Alex? Maybe threatened him?

I got the answer to that when I entered my house. Only when I had absentmindedly stepped past the front door that I started to freak out. The front door hadn't been locked. When I cautiously entered my lounge and found Chicken curled up on the couch beside Alex, I breathed out a sigh of relief.

Dammit! What if it hadn't been Alex?

It wasn't a surprise that Alex was here, though. He had an extra key to my house, while I had an extra key to his--something that we had done a few years ago. That way, we slept over at each other's house whenever the need came up. For instance, whenever Alex came back from those jock parties, usually higher than a kite, he slept over at mine to save himself from his parents' wrath. As for me, if I ever felt too lonely in my house--which happened quite a lot after I watched a horror movie--I stayed over at his.

"Hey," I said once I saw him seated on the couch. Both he and Chicken perked up at my voice. I slid my backpack off my shoulder and threw it near the couch.

Alex eyed me with a narrowed gaze, his dirty blond hair messed up in every direction, almost as if he had been running his hands through it again and again. Judging from the look on his face, it was probably out of frustration.

"Finally, Sky." He rolled his eyes when I didn't say anything.

I gave him a sheepish smile in response and sat down on the other side of the couch, letting Chicken jump in my lap. "What's up?" I was dearly hoping he wouldn't ask me about anything.

But right then, his eyes trailed down to my hand and he frowned at the bandage. "What happened to your hand?"

I licked the dryness off my lips and opened my mouth, stroking Chicken's fur with the other hand. "Uh well..."

When I trailed off, he surprisingly didn't press onto it. Instead, the frown deepened on his forehead and he turned towards me, leaning back against the armrest. "Who dropped you here?"

"Caden," I stated, thankful for the change of topic, although this topic wasn't going to be an easy one either.

"Caden?" He didn't sound happy. "I told you to stay away from him, Sky. What part of you don't understand that?"

I rolled my eyes at him and hugged Chicken. I wanted to get out of these clothes, take a really long shower, and spend the rest of the day quietly; peacefully.

"Weren't you the one who told him my house address?"

"Why the hell would I do that?"

Caden, you bastard. I shifted a little. "I don't know?"