I

Ethan's pov
(A few years before the prologue happened)

I didn't tell my brother about her, Meredith. She was pretty and sweet and we've been talking for a few months now. We've been through several dates.

But, today i have a special date planned for us.

Today, I ask her to be my girlfriend
I knew that she was the one. The one I marry, the one i will have kids with, the one that i have a future with. She was meant to be mine. We're meant for each other.

I called her and told her to meet me at the "planets restaurant", one of the most high class and expensive restos here in New Jersey. 
(I just made that up HAHAHHA)

I waited for her for 4 hours here at the waiting bench outside the restaurant. I guess she wasn't gonna come.

I frowned til i got home. I went straight to Gray and saw that he was sad as well.

"What's the problem dude " i asked him with a frown on my face.

"Dude i just got played by a girl, she cheated on me." He replied

"Ohmy- tell that girl to go to this fucking house right now OR I WILL-" i said furiously with wide eyes

"Hey, hey chill it's fine, it's my fault anyway" he said while a tears were running down his face.

"DUDE DON'T BLAME YOURSELF ITS NOT YOUR FAULT THAT SHE'S A SLUT!!!" i said with full anger. After i said that, he cried on my shoulder. He's been dating her for 2 years now, I guess that's why he truly is hurt.

You know what? I'm not gonna tell Gray about my problem. I don't wanna burden him with anymore problems, especially a problem of my own.

A few days later...

I completely broke it off with Meredith, she told me that she didn't love me and that I'm not worthy of having another date with her.

I don't know why out of nowhere she didn't even feel anything for me anymore when just before that night, she said that I was special to her and that she was lucky to have me.

I decided to go to her house and talk about the sudden change of emotions.

I bought her doughnuts, flowers and a huge teddy bear, i wanted her back.

I knocked on the door trying to look good while holding those stuff.

I was waiting for a while but no one was answering so i just twisted the knob and opened the door.

No one was there although, i hear some creepy squeaking sounds from upstairs. I went up there and my mouth dropped with all the other stuff as well.

Meredith on top of another boy.

I can't believe my eyes.

So that's why she didn't show up and why she wasn't interested in me anymore. She was seeing another boy. I stood still, frozen in place, not knowing what to do. I feel some droplets of liquid streaming down my eyes. I picked up my things and ran out the door.

"ETHAN WAIT!!! IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK" Meredith shouted while I'm still walking at the living room getting to the door. "THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS IT MEREDITH?! I SAW WHAT I SAW" i said very loudly with tears from frustration were streaming down my eyes.

"It-it's just a-" she stuttered. "That proves my point, goodbye Meredith" i said blandly.

Luckily for me 🙄, it was pouring rain outside and i had to go to my car which was a little bit far from me.

I was soaking wet inside the car while i kept on crying, sobbing actually.

I drove to wherever, i don't even know. All i know is that i want to get away from here. I want to get really far away from here.

I saw a grocery store.

I went down the car still soaking wet from the rain. I got my extra clothes from the trunk, luckily i still have those. I changed in their bathroom and got some food that i needed.

A few years after heartbreak...

It was a habit for me to run, run to places where i would be free. Free from reality, free from people and most importantly, free from all the rude equivocal people *cough cough merehoe*.
(No hate peoplez heheh)

I once went running in the night when i saw a pretty lady pass by looking like she just came from home.

I came nearer her and i realised that it was Roni. Grayson's new girlfriend's twin sister. Yep Grayson has a new girlfriend now. He's actually had her for a year now and they are still going strong. While for me, i didn't date anyone since i broke up with Meredith. When i came to Roni i asked her why she's here all alone, she wasn't answering so i lifted her face up and so immediately that she was crying...

(It basically is the beginning of the prologue)

To be continued...

Hellooooo so i cut this chapter a lil because im tayowd and this chapter is kinda long already so yeah
-💜