Chapter 6: Altercations

"So what's it like living in America?" Lois-- the youngest of the trio-- batted her fawn eyes.

Alan smiled weakly. "Well... To be honest... England has more to offer." Please don't ask for more detail... I'm running out of lies...

"I've heard the entire country is just a cheap replica of England," Christine retorted.

"I guess some people could see it that way... Personally, America is... simpler. England has more luxuries while America tends to be more modest." I really hope there aren't any Americans overhearing this crap...

"Where do you live in--"

"Alan!~" a high-pitched voice called. Grell shoved a few guests out of his way, almost to the ground, and embraced him. "Alan, my darling!~ Where. Have. You. Been?! I manage to drag you out of that stuffy house and what happens?! I lose you!~"

"Grell?!" Alan's voice was muffled as the senior reaper shove his face close to his chest, suffocating him.

His flamboyant co-worker finally let go and eyed the three girls smugly.

"Who are you?" Rosaline, the head of the girls, wrinkled her nose in disgust.

Grell's glare was poisonous as he looked the girls over and mimicked their repulsed expressions. He lifted his left hand up, palm facing him. "I'll give you tykes a hint." On his ring-finger was a large ruby ring, sparkling as he modeled it.

Alan's eyes widened. He's not... He better not be suggesting what I think he's...

"You... and him?" Lois squeaked.

"What? Did you think he'd be interested in children like you?"

"Well, we didn't expect him to be interested in trash..." Christine spat. "He seemed to appreciate ladies like us."

...Can they not see Grell's a man? Are they seriously believing he's my girlfriend?

Grell smirked. "Tell that to my Burmese Beauty~." He tapped the ring with his thumb. "This little baby's only found in Asia. If I were 'trash', then I'd be wearing costume jewelry. Like you."

The girls' insecurity started to show as they played with their rings and necklaces. Rosaline stuck her nose up, attempting to hide her blush.

Alan, on the other hand, couldn't hide his face as it turned pale.

But Grell wasn't done. "Do you think flirtin' with my man is fun?"

"It's better than him being stuck with you," Rosaline hissed.

"Actually, it's not." He stuck a long nail towards the girl and lowered his voice. "I'm not into him for his looks, sweetheart. Maybe when all of you grows up--and I mean when you're out of puberty-- you might understand."

Is Grell insane?! Alan didn't know how to help the situation, so he kept quiet. Shut up already!

Grell peered over their heads. "Oh, look over there!" All three turned around. "Your mommies are here to pick you up! Don't want you to stay up past your bedtimes, now do we?~" His voice was high-pitched again as he talked down to them sarcastically. "Now if you'll excuse us, my fiancé and I need to have a little chat... You know, grown-up stuff you wouldn't understand." Grell turned Alan around and pushed him towards where Lillian and Eric were at. "Seriously?! You chose to hang around them instead of me?! You had nooo problem proposing and now you get cold feet around me?!" He made sure his voice was loud enough for the girls to hear; not to top their embarrassment, but Alan's.