Prologue

Sonic's P.O.V

Eggman is gone and Mobius is safe from his evil doings. Thank God! I thought I was never going to get rid of his dumb ass. Even though he was an evil genius..... besides the point. It was midnight and I couldn't sleep. Tails went to bed at around 10:30 so I know he's asleep in his room. I get up and, without making a sound, sneak out the house. I run, at my sonic speed, to my special place. In the woods there's a beautiful lake. It's crystal clear waters are so warm and inviting. I make it to the lake in no time and sigh a happy sigh. Everyone thinks I'm hydrophobic, but surprisingly I'm not. I love to swim but.... I can't let my friends see me. Not in my true form, which is why I stay as far from the water as I possibly can when they're around.

'If they found out they would call me a freak and possibly would send me off a government science lab to be dissected and studied!' I shake my head at the thought.

'But I still can't... no, won't tell them what I really am. I can't put them in anymore danger than what they've already been through.' At this I jump into the lake. I glow a light blue color and transform into my true self (the picture at the beggining). My legs are replaced with a tail, fins sprout on the end and sides of the tail as well as behind my ears, the spines on my back turn into dorsal fins and a jewel appears on my forehead. I go under and see all the fish swimming around me.
"I miss this." I say to myself, and yes I can breath underwater. I swam around the lake for an hour or so, then reserfaced. I lay my head in my arms with my tail floating behind me for a few minutes before I get out. I wait about 2 maybe 3 minutes for my tail to dry out and turn back into legs and run back home and into my room without waking Tails.

"You can't tell them Sonic," I say to myself,
"They can't know that you're a merhog, let alone the Prince of the Seven Seas." I sigh and lay down and go to sleep quickly.