Chapter 10

Shadow P.O.V

"Chaos blast!" I yelled as I threw a ball of chaos energy towards Scrouge. He swiftly dodged my attack and fired a ball of his dark energy towards me. I moved up to dodge and succeeded.

"You can't beat me!" Scrouge says as he blasts more of his dark magic towards me.

"What makes you say that?!" I yell as I dodge again.

"You're just a pathetic land dweller who thinks is all powerful! Ha!"

"Well you're just a pathetic little shrimp who craves power and is a total weakling!" I yell as I throw a spear of chaos energy which he dodges.

"You take that back!" He attacks again.

"Pathetic." Is all I say. Then I notice a pink fin along with a tan fin come up to each of my sides.

"Need help?" Amy asked me as she knocked out a Darkmer that was trying to sneak up behind me. I just smiled and nodded my head. Scrouge then looks angrier than what he already was,

"Dark pulse!/Chaos blast!" We both say at the same time. The two attacks collid which caused an explosion that sends each one of us to opposite sides of the room leaving a cloud of dust.

"Shadow!" I hear Sonic yell. I look over to my right to see Sonic swimming towards me with a look of concern on his face. With him was his family.

"Shadow are you ok?" He asks. I smile up at him,

"I'm fine love." I tell him as I get off the ground. He then hugs me and whispers,

"You had us both worried." I understood what he ment and I placed my hand over his stomach and kissed him. We then heard Scrouge groan as he was getting up.

"Get them!" Scrouge snapped his fingers and over 50 Darkmers showed up. I moved in front of Sonic.

"Over my dead body!" I yelled. Then we all attacked. The king used the same powers as Sonic did as the Queen grabbed a sword from one of the armor stands and swung it around.

'Badass. Assuming she was a knight before she married him. Note to self, don't piss Sonics mom off.... EVER!' I thought to myself. I turn to see Sonics siblings and Rouge using hand to hand combat which is very effective. And Knuckles using his unnatural strength to punch any that got in his way. We all battled and fought, except Sonic who was behind me. After about an hour or so of fighting.... the Darkmers were defeated. Black blood was everywhere in the room and some on ourselves. I turn to ask Sonic if he was ok but,

"You think you won?! Ha! I got the one thing that I needed!" Scrouge said as he held Sonic in one arm while having a spear of dark magic in his hand pointing at Sonic's throat. Sonic was as still as he could be,

"Let him go!" I yelled.

"Not a chance! Especially when I know he's helpless. Aren't I right Big Blue?" Scrouge said. My eyes widen in terror.

'But how did he find out?!' I thought.

"He's not helpless!" Tails yelled.

"Tell them the truth and you both will live my dear. " Scrouge tells Sonic in a loving voice. Sonic just looked down.

"You want to know the truth?" He said.

"Go on... or you die!" Sonic mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' to me.

"Sonic NO!" I yell as I knew what he was about to do.

"Akean blast!!" He yells as he puts all his power into the spell. We all are blasted back and blinded by the light Sonic produced. We hear Scrouge scream as he is struck with the power and turns into a bloody pulp. The light fades and we look on. Scrouge is dead and Sonic is on the ground hand over his stomach unconscious. I swim to him as fast as I can. I cradle him in my arms and put my head to his chest, fearing the worst for him and our unborn child.

"Is he?" Questioned Rouge. Everyone looks in shock and despair. Them also fearing the worst.

"I don't get it," Tails said tears escaping his eyes,

"He did it before why couldn't he... he..." I lift my head up off his chest and sigh.

"Because.." I say in sarrow.

"Because why?!" Questioned Tails in anger and sadness.

"Because.... He was... was...." I couldn't hold back the tears and placed a hand on his stomach.

"It doesn't matter anymore... he's gone." I said, tears leaking from my eyes. Then Jules came up to me.

"Maybe there is."

"What do you mean?"

"You." Was his answer. I looked at him questionably with tears still in my eyes. He then continued,

"You're his mate. You have the power to bring him back."

"Wait what?!" We all said. I knew the others didn't know about us so they were surprised by that.

"All you have to do is kiss him. If you don't he and my grandchild will die." Sonics mother Aleena said. The gang had shocked faces. I ignored them and looked at Sonic's face and leaned in close,

"Come back to me, my love." I say as I kiss him with tears falling down my muzzle. I hold him tightly and I break the kiss and look down at my love. He doesn't move, I let him down. I began to sob till I feel a hand on my cheek.

"I would never leave you my Shadow." Sonic says as he wakes up. I smile with tears still falling. I bring him back up and kiss him passionately while he wraps his arms around my neck. Once I sit him up we break the kiss.

"Do you know how stupid that was?!" I fuss at him. He looks down and nods his head. I lift his face back up.

"I'm just glad you're ok." He smiles. His mother swims up to him,

"Oh my chaos thank God you're ok!" She says as she hugs Sonic. The rest of us come up and smile.

"So you and Sonic were together this whole time?" Rouge asked. I nodded my head with a smile. It seems like no one remembered the fact that his father and I said he was pregnant. Thank chaos. We then went back home along with Sonics family. They never used their legs before so we had to teach them which was fine for us. They learned quickly just like Sonic said they would. Turns out Jules and Sonic both have super speed which allows us to finally see where he gets it from. Obviously Sonic couldn't run at the moment soooo, yeah... We all were in Tails's living room, Knuckles sitting in the chair with Rouge in his lap, Tails on the floor, Amy on the couch, Aleena (Sonics mom) beside Amy, Me beside his mom with Sonic in my lap, Sonia and Manic on the smaller couch while Jules in standing behind his wife.

"Hey Sonic," Aleena started

"Yeah mom?"

"When are you going to ask?" She asked him. His face turned red which had me intrigued.

"What do you mean?" I chimed in. She looked at Sonic and he groaned.

"Mom!! Ugh... She means that since now I've found what we call our mates. Which is what you are Shadow...." I cut him off.

"I'm your mate?" He nodded his head and smiled. I kissed him.

"I'll never get used to that." Tails said. I glare at him which Sonic then puts his hand on my chest to bring me back to his conversation,

"Well.... It's tradition that... uhh... umm." He was having trouble saying what he wanted to say.

"Sonic, you and your mate should go into your bedroom. This should be a private conversation between the two of you." Jules chimed in, placing his hand on his wife's shoulder. He nodded and got up, grabbed my hand and lead me to the bed room.

'What could possibly be going on here?'