Chapter 17

The Dr. climbed into the pool with the couple and sprouted her own tail, which were a dark purple and hot pink fins. She got to Sonic's lower area,

"Alright Sonic, I need you to give a big push for me. Ok?" Sonic nodded. Once the next contraction hit, he pushed. Giving a death grip to Shadows hand as he screamed in pain. Shadow gritting his teeth as his mate basically crushed every bone in his hand. Sonic stopped pushing and gasped for a breath.

"Almost there Sonic! Just one more should do it!" He continued to breath heavily and nodded his head. Tails then came back over to Sonics other side on the sandy ground and held his other hand,

"You can do it Sonic!" Tails encouraged. Sonic smiles weakly as his little brother spoke. Sonic then pushed again and before he knew it, another cry was heard.

"Waaahhh!" The small group looked over to see the Dr. holding their second child and second son. They all smiled at the beautiful sight. Tails received the child this time,

"Hi my handsome boy...." Sonic cooed over his second child with a pained smile on his face.

"Hello our little Shadic." Shadow smiled looking at his son. This little merhog also had Shadows quill pattern, but had his black fur with blue streaks this go round. He also had Shadows ruby red eyes. His tail was exactly like Shadows except where the red was supposed to be was actually blue. He lacked the tuff that Shadow and Kaze have, and had more of Sonic's body type. (Like in the last child, just pretend that he's a baby and has the tail description in this picture as well. Pretend the next child does too while I'm at it.)

Tails soon took Shadic to give him a physical like his brother

Tails soon took Shadic to give him a physical like his brother. Sonic at this point was about out of energy when the Dr. told him to push again. He obeyed the Dr.'s orders and pushed with all his might. Once he couldn't anymore, his head fell back onto his mates lap.

"She's taking... her own.... sweet time.... isn't she?" Sonic commented between breaths. Shadow chuckled and patted his loves head.

"She sure is. But you can't stop now Sonic. You can do it." He encourages the laboring hedgehog.

"I... don't think.... I have... any... more strength left..... love..."

"Come on Sonic..."

"I SAID I CAN'T!!!"

"Sonic, think about our pup. If you stop now, not only will you possibly die but she will too. Think about her and getting her here safely." Shadow encouraged again. With this, Sonic got a determined look on his face and began to push with whatever he had left. And not long after, the cry of their youngest child was heard,

"Aaaaaaahhhhh!" She cried. Sonic fell back in relief as the pain was now gone. He breathed heavily and eventually regained his breath.

"I knew you could do it." Shadow said.

"Thank you for... the... pep talk baby." Sonic said back with a huge smile on his face. Shadow was then handed their daugther,

"She's beautiful Sonic." Shadow said. She was a blonde hedgehog with long quills going down her back. Her eyes were a sky blue as well as her tail with a darker blue shade on her fins.

Shadow continued to look at his daughter, thinking that she looks strangely familiar

Shadow continued to look at his daughter, thinking that she looks strangely familiar. A flashback to the ark flashes through his mind,

Flashback

"Run Maria!" Yelled a younger Shadow as he grabbed a blond girls hand. They ran down the coradors of the Space Colony Ark. Gun fire rings through out the halls as they continued to run.

"Quick Shadow, the escape pods!" Maria yells as they approach the door

"Quick Shadow, the escape pods!" Maria yells as they approach the door. Once inside, Shadow flips a lever thus closing and locking the automatic iron door as Maria puts the coordinates into the computer. Shadow then quickly runs over to help with the process.

"Coordinates set to Earth. Pod will be ready to board in one minute." The computer said to the two. Just then they heard a crash and turned around to see the guards with guns pointed to them.

"Pod ready to board." The computer said as the pod opened up. The men fired their weapons and Shadow pulled Maria behind the computer and towards the escape pod. Maria at that second turned around and saw one of the men right behind them. As Shadow was about to pull Maria into the pod,

"SHADOW!!" She pushed him into the pod and closed the door as she was shot multiple times in the back, staining he blue dress a crimson red.

"MARIA!!!!!!" He screamed her name as tears ran down his face. He was pounding on the glass as he sees her smile,

"Shadow.... I w-will come b-back to you.... one.... d-day....." As she took her last breath she pressed the launch button on the escape pod, sending Shadow falling down to earth.

"MARIA NOOO!!!" He cries as he hurdles down to the unknown world...

End of Flashback

"Maria....." is all Shadow could say as he looked at his daugther who smiled upon hearing the name.

"Maria? What made you come up with that Shads?" Sonic asked him. Shadow shook his head as a tear came to his eye.

"Maria. The more I think about it the more I like it... Welcome to the world our little Maria." Sonic said with a smile on his face. Rembering the story of Maria from Shadow a while back.

"Thank you Sonic.." Shadow smiles at his mate. Sonic smiles back with loving eyes. The doctor takes Maria to join her two brothers and as soon as this happens, Sonic begins to glow a light blue color and transforms into his merhog form once again. He continues to lay back as he slowly regains his strength. Their children are then returned to their parents and they all stay there in their little happy place.