Chapter 17

Becky's POV

How could I read Damon's mind? We aren't in the same pack and we haven't even done any of the mating stages. It's impossible.

I looked into Damon's eyes.

"What should I do?" I said scared.

"Let's go talk to one of the elders." He said grabbing my hand and leading me to the door.

About half an hour later, we were at Carlisle's front door. He was the wisest and oldest of the six elders. Damon quickly knocked on the door and it immediately opened.

A hunched figure with grey hair and pale blue eyes appeared.

"Carlisle. We need your wisdom." I said and he nodded his head after looking over Damon.

He opened the door wider, letting us into his old house.

"What do you need my child?" Carlisle said leading us to the living room of his small house.

"We need to know if... Um... If it's possible for someone to read minds." I breathed as I sat down next to Damon across from Carlisle.

"Of course child." He laughed and leaned back.

"There's more to it." I whispered.

"What do you mean?"

"Is it possible for someone to read minds without a mind link?" Damon said holding onto my hand.

Carlisle's smile disappeared as his grey eyebrows furrowed. He suddenly stood to his feet and moved across the room to a large bookshelf. After searching for a certain book, he pulled it out and flipped through the pages as he sat back down across from us.

"It isn't possible." He finally said looking up from the book. "But there is a prophecy that a young wolf will grow to be the most powerful and strongest wolf ever to walk the earth. Here it is." He said sliding the open book across the coffee table.

I looked from him to the book and hesitantly took the book into my lap. The book was old and the pages were ripping out but it was still fairly in tact. I started to read the prophecy.

'At the point where the war between werewolves and vampires has gotten to its peak, a young child will become of age to find their mate and get comfortable with themselves. This child will not be any ordinary child. They will have powers thought to be impossible by our species, have strength beyond belief. This child will be faced with extreme danger and will come head to head with the vampire king, Mason. They will be the mega Alpha or Luna of every wolf in the world.The child will defeat Mason and free the werewolves he has been keeping prisoner as well as ending the terrible war.'

I looked up at Carlisle which wide eyes.

"Do you think this prophecy child is me?"

"It is possible my child." He said nodding as he grasped my hand. "You could be the one that every werewolf has been waiting for my dear."

I looked over at Damon and he was deep in thought with his bottom lip between his teeth and eyebrows furrowed.

"How will we know if she is the one the prophecy is speaking of?" He asked looking up at Carlisle after a long silence.

"We have to test her and push her to her limits." Carlisle said standing his feet.

"What do you mean?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"It's best you don't know my dear." He said before leaving the room.

I looked over at Damon with a scared look. He wrapped an arm around my waist tightly.