Chapter 20

Stephanie's POV

After Becky and I caught up with each other I decided to stay a while to explore when. I ran into Damon in one of the hall ways.

"Hey Stephanie. How was seeing Becky?" He asked and smiled when Becky's name left his mouth. I wish it could be that way for me. To find my mate and have him be able to love me like Damon and Becky.

"It was good. I mean it would be nice to see her everyday like I used to but I'm apart of a different pack then her now." I sighed and hugged myself.

"I have an idea." Damon said out of nowhere before grabbing my arm and leading me to a room. It was big with big windows letting in a lot of light. Then I realized it was the pack's alpha's office. Or in other words Damon's soon to be office. The alpha of the pack was sitting at the desk. "Father I have a very important request."

"Of course son." His dad said before setting down his papers and taking his glasses off. "What do you need?"

"Will you let Stephanie join our pack?" He smiled as he slightly pushed me forward. I bowed my head in respect as he looked me over.

"Alright. Her joining ceremony will be tomorrow morning. Until then Damon will show you to your room and it will send someone to show you the grounds." He smiled and stood to his feet. "Welcome to the pack."

I shook his hand and bowed my head to him again before leaving the room.

"That was your plan?" I laughed as Damon lead me down some hallways.

"Yep. Now you can see Becky whenever you like." Her grinned. "This will be your room and I'm sure Becky will take you to go shopping for some clothes later today."

"Thanks Damon." I smiled.

There was a knock on the door as it opened.

"Alpha Damon. Your father sent me to show around the new member of the pack." The boy said as he opened the door. My back was turned to the door but I knew exactly who it was.

"Thanks Toby." He said before turning to me. "Toby here will show you around the territory. I'll be in my office if you need me."

With that Damon left the room.

"Listen Stephanie." Toby said walking closer to me.

"No. You had your chance to explain to me." I said stepping back away from him. "I don't want to hear it. Now leave."

"But you need someone to show you around the territory."

"I'll have Becky do it." I muttered. "Now leave Toby."

"Stephanie. Come on. You're my mate. You can't be mad at me forever." He said trying to grab my hand.

"No. Don't touch me. I Stephanie Myers reject you Toby Matthews as my mate." I said as the tears started to pick at my eyes.

"What?" He asked as I looked up at his face to see tears welling up in his eyes.

"You heard me. Now get out."

"If that's what you want." He whispered and left the room closing the door behind him.

As soon as the door shut I cried out I pain. It felt like my heart ripped into a million pieces and I couldn't breath. I crawled over to my bed and laid in it, stuffing my face into the pillow and screaming. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door.

"Stephanie. Hun. Can I come in?" Becky asked through the door.

"Come on in." I said whipping the tears off of my cheeks and sitting up on my bed.

She opened the door and stuck her head through. The moment we made eye contact her face fell into a frown.

"What happened?" She asked walking up to my bed and sitting down next to me before pulling me next to her and wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

"I found my mate." I whispered.

"Isn't that supposed to be a good thing?" She asked.

"It should but not for me. I was mated with Toby." I cried.

"What's so bad about Toby?" She asked. I forgot I never told her about what happened.

"Do you remember the day my parents were killed?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Well I found out who killed them." I muttered and felt the tears coming again. "It was Toby."

"Oh my god." She whispered as I let the tears fall freely.

"Why would the moon goddess do this to me?" I cried into Becky's shirt.

"I don't know sweetheart but she has her reasons." She said kissing the top of my head and looking up. "Don't ya mom?"

"What?" I asked and looked up at her in confusion.

"Nothing." She said and smiled sweetly.

I swear I just heard her say don't ya mom. Was she talking to the moon goddess? Why would she call her mom? She isn't her daughter.

Becky's POV

Shit. She wasn't supposed to hear that.

I acted as if I hadn't said a word and waited for her to fall asleep to leave the room.

I pulled out my phone and looked at the time. It was 6:00 in the afternoon. I was so tired though.

I walked into mine and Damon's room and closed the door. Just before I could fall asleep the bed dipped down next to me. Damon must have finished his work early.

An arm wrapped around my waist and my eyes shot open.

"Nice to meet you princess."

Oh shit. This shit is about to get real!

Who do you think is in her bed?

Anyway. You guys my best friend is going on tour Summer 2015 and I couldn't be more proud. I'm really gonna miss her while she's gone but I'm so so so happy for her. I might be able to go to a few shows with her but it all depends.

Anyway.

Love ya beauties!

-Kim💙